DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC

DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Anybody Here Do Ancestry? (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/showthread.php?t=176743)

MrKalashnikov 07-19-2020 10:30 PM

Anybody Here Do Ancestry?

I signed up about 3 years ago and sent them a sample of my saliva/spit. After about a six week wait my DNA analysis came back in. The results were:

75% southwest Ireland, with the main hits being Limerick/Cork where my mother's people came from in the 1830's, and County Kerry over by the Dingle Peninsula where my father's people came after our Civil War in the late 1860's. The other 15% was from Scotland though the locales were vague in the report.

The wildcard was I'm 4-5% Norwegian. I did research on this and found out Erin was overrun by the Norsemen (Vikings) in the mid-700's AD. They conquered the coastal areas and inland and many of them stayed and bred with the indigenous Irish wenches. So many if not most native Irish have that strain of Scandinavian blood in them today.

I've always been interested in people and where they originated from around the globe, but especially those from the British Isles and Europe. When I was in school some of my favorite courses were Anthropology, the study of Mankind.

Just curious if any of you other fellas have done this, and were surprised in anyway by the results. Good or Bad. :)

500grains 07-19-2020 11:23 PM

Cops search that database. I figure there will be a murder in a restaurant where I ate lunch, the cops will fine one of my boogers on a chair, and I will end up on trial for something I didn't even know about.

No ancestry database for me.

Besides, the results might say I am part black, and then I would have to change all of my political views.

44044 07-19-2020 11:32 PM

Just a family tree...

JD Miller 07-19-2020 11:36 PM

No, I already know

beside "Ancestry" is a scam

But Its A Dry Heat 07-20-2020 12:00 AM

They sell your DNA to anyone who wants to give them money. That would be a big fuck no from me.

I have to admit it would be kind of interesting but I am pretty much a mutt. I also heard you could give your info to 3 different companies and get 3 different results.

Diesel 88888888 07-20-2020 12:08 AM

Did mine and some of the family several years ago...no disappointments there...because I already knew the family history...now I can prove it.:muttley:

baboon 07-20-2020 01:39 AM

Use poor dumb white trash aint looking for reparations!

Diesel 88888888 07-20-2020 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baboon (Post 1546413)
Use poor dumb white trash aint looking for reparations!

Not especially when 'get back' is better and pays so handsomely!highfive:popcorn:

bill3542 07-20-2020 04:50 AM

My brother did his so it should be close to mine.

37% upper England
37% northern Germanic tribes
16% Norwegian
10% Swiss

The only one that surprised me was the Norwegian... probably one of my ancestors was a Viking banging a German or English slave girl.

Merc 07-20-2020 07:12 AM

My parents did it about a year ago
Results as follows :

Mother Merc
94% Irish Left Foot
As Irish as a tweed , 4 leaf clover
6% Devil ( English )

Big Merc
50% Sicilian Horse Thief/ Gangster
Big Merc's Mother is the surprise , yet the reason
Big Merc is big .
The rest of Big Merc is all Eastern Block Killers
Russian
Polish
Serbian
Albanian
( All the savages of the Caucus Mountains )

Mother Merc's Father ( who looks like my twin )
was born on the boat on day two coming over
to Ellis Island , a seafaring scalawag.

My Great Grandfather , who was IRA , and marked
for death by the Royal Ulster Constabulary, and
the rest of his family would be a package deal ,
packed up my extremely pregnant Great Grandmother ,
and headed for the New World . ( 1905 )
From what I was told , he wasn't the friendly type , and
more than likely , the 6% Devil.

Mother Merc's Mother family was as Irish as a shalalie.
Irish need not apply ...

Everything is what it is..

Journey well,
MERC

Sanders 07-20-2020 08:01 AM

Someone gave my daughter one of those a few years ago. She sent it off and she called me with the results.

She said it just verified everything that I'd told her about our family ancestry.

Her mother is full blood German. On my side, it is Irish, Scottish, Scandanavian, and some others - all white.

So, when she called me up, she said that all it basically told her was that she was white.

JD Miller 07-20-2020 08:31 AM

I like Merc's family description :thumbsup:

CDawg 07-20-2020 09:32 AM

Yes. My ancestors were slaves. I want reparations!!!woowoo ....No, actually I haven't done the ancestry thing. My family was from Ireland, England, Germany and Hungary. My spit sample would probably blow up their machine.

:bsmeter:

I'm just an American. My biological Grandfather was Irish mob in Philadelphia. He supposedly died "walking in front of a street car" in his 30's. So obviously, I never knew him. My Step Grandfather was a native American and he road a big Harley motorcycle. He married my Grandmother(Hungarian) with five kids and stayed married to her. My Mom was the oldest of the five when they were married. She was 15. My Grandfather drove trucks cross country and told my Grandmother to stop taking the mob checks after they got married. He drove liquor, cigarettes, explosives ...whatever. ...and got hijacked a couple of times. My other Grandfather was from England and worked in a steel factory in Philly (when such things existed). Him and my Grandmother(German) raised 12 kids in a row home in North Philly. That's all I really need to know. Except for that my Grandparents and Parents were good people ...and I loved them. I don't think that the "ancestry" machine will tell me any of that. ...So anyway, ...I know I'm not a replicant! ...and there won't be any Blade Runners hunting me down. ..unless of course, my memories are just an implant. In that case ...somebody has a serious sense of humor.

MrKalashnikov 07-20-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merc (Post 1546427)
My parents did it about a year ago
Results as follows :

Mother Merc
94% Irish Left Foot
As Irish as a tweed , 4 leaf clover
6% Devil ( English )

Big Merc
50% Sicilian Horse Thief/ Gangster
Big Merc's Mother is the surprise , yet the reason
Big Merc is big .
The rest of Big Merc is all Eastern Block Killers
Russian
Polish
Serbian
Albanian
( All the savages of the Caucus Mountains )

Mother Merc's Father ( who looks like my twin )
was born on the boat on day two coming over
to Ellis Island , a seafaring scalawag.

My Great Grandfather , who was IRA , and marked
for death by the Royal Ulster Constabulary, and
the rest of his family would be a package deal ,
packed up my extremely pregnant Great Grandmother ,
and headed for the New World . ( 1905 )
From what I was told , he wasn't the friendly type , and
more than likely , the 6% Devil.

Mother Merc's Mother family was as Irish as a shalalie.
Irish need not apply ...

Everything is what it is..

Journey well,
MERC

Irish-Italian mixing was common back in the 1800's and early 1900's, due in large part to those two ethnic groups being herded into the same areas in cities along the East Coast, and to a lesser degree in the Midwest. We shared the same Catholic religion too, which was a big factor in those days for two people (man & woman :) )to engage in Holy Matrimony.

Where I grew up in SW Ohio the three big ethnic groups were German, followed by Irish and then Italian. Most of the people I knew were Catholic by way of parish, school, and neighborhood. WASPS we had but we tried to avoid them :) whenever possible. Virtually no hispanics, eastern europeans or other varieties of people. Ike's America I guess you could call it.

If I was going to pick another ethnicity to be it would be Eye-Ty. Great cuisine, wine, people, attitude toward life in general and of course, the whole Roman connection. :thumbsup:

Diesel 88888888 07-20-2020 10:59 AM

'Ancestry' is operated by the mormon/mamonites and is part of their 'church' program...I honestly don't trust it 100% or any of the rest, after all, t is in a state of apostasy ever since Spencer Kimble came out with his single prophecy that said n!ggers could be in their 'priesthood' in the face of an even earlier warning by old 'well hung' Bingham Young...who warned that they would know they were in a state of apostasy when they saw n!ggers in the priesthood...! (Hard to beat that one if u'r a mamonite & all). At least the 'Tanners' got it right and put it all out in their publication of all the early and changed documents...talk about revising history & all...they are past masters on the subject.:muttley:Black Helicopter