View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176
I would think that the two major problems would be the receiver, and the closed bolt requirement. I look forward to hering how you overcome these issues.

Horse : the design is already "perfected" - it fires from a "closed bolt" , and the design is fairly complicated -as is the assembly ,(the whole thing rivets together) and i have never built anything this complicated - but the instructions are fairly detailed , It is a CNC made JRW manuf. semi-auto receiver kit I had a hard time finding the old Vietnam style parts i wanted , most of the old stuff is no longer possible to find -

the guy i bought the receiver kit from gave me a video & a 300pg. directions book - the receiver kit came with 3- Semi auto rails , a Trunnion , and sheet metal channel , and a -
semi auto op-rod , semi auto bolt , a bunch of special semi-auto 60 parts-How it works :
there is a scaled down M1-
Carbine trigger housing that fits into the left rail - the hammer of this trigger housing hits a sear lever -(that is mounted on a spring loaded block , that screws on to the back of the bolt) -and this releases a spring loaded "striker" similar to a 1903 SP. bolt action rifle , the whole system links to the M60 rubber coated trigger housing by a linkage arm that i have to fabricate , and there seems to be a lot of "fitting and polishing" to do to make the thing run reliably

I will post photos as i get going on the project
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote