Thread: GWACS Lower
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 05:31 AM   #6
Bluntforce
slug

Was incommunoguano for a week like I said I'd be.

The Appleseed shoot went well for everyone but me. Four days before I was bounced over forty miles of washed out dirt roads with no suspension on my arthritic hips. The squat thrust and pretzel bends of the first day after the San Francisco jail house ride of a few days earlier led to an asspocalypse.

I told my friend I would go to the second day and shoot qualification but he decided not to go because he cooked his dumb ass redder than Trotsky's lobster by refusing to wear a hat and he didn't do any of his prep stuff that night.

Going back in October after being on ibuprofen for a week before and not having a post monsoon slay ride across forty miles of assacre. I had stopped taking ibuprofen completely after having lost thirty five pounds and deciding I want my liver and kidneys to work. I don't think either the ride or the class would have wrecked me separately.

I helped somebody move a bunch of furniture this Saturday while I was down there because I'm a genius.

Anyway I'll be forty pounds lighter by then. I should be able to do it all if I want but I may just shoot qualification. Depends how flexible I am.

Pretty sure GWACS got themselves at least two new customers after some of the other people checked out the lower.

I discovered the knee pads got in my way but that probably wouldn't be the case for someone with normal length legs. I found kneeling worked better for me than sitting and that added to the soon discarded knee pads being in the way. I believe it was arthritis acting up that made sitting torture. I was walking around like I'd been hit in the gut and kicked in the groin by the end of the day. Less pre-event abuse and more anti-inflammatory treatment will precede next time.

Carpet scrap I was on ate my elbows because hard shell of tactical elbow pad not conducive to good interface with surface. Will wear long sleeves and light weight gloves next time. Gloves to prevent sunburn, long sleeves to protect forearms from sun and elbows from abrasion. I think bare elbow under sleeve will work better than old style soft elbow pads.

M1, M1A, Mini-14 series with safety in trigger guard and release on right side would have been far more convenient to manipulate while slung/looped to rifle than AR series with bolt release on left side. Yet another endearing quality of having short limbs. If I only shoot qualification I may use my Mini, the thin barrel wouldn't get much chance to heat up and spread.

Until then I'll practice what I learned and try to learn how to play my fiddle.