View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #2
Sanders

I have one my cousin made for me. I bought the leather and a set of barbed wire border stamps to give to him as payment.

Anyway, the way he sewed it was with a needle and thread. He took a small drill bit on a Dremel tool to make the holes after marking them with a pinwheel device. Then he sewed it together with a thick, waxed thread - probably nylon.

Then I formed it to my Super Blackhawk.

I probably wouldn't form it, if I had it to do over again. But it does keep it from bouncing around in the holster.

If you have a Tandy's/Leather Factory near you, I've heard you can rent time on their industrial sewing machines, too. At least the one in Albuquerque, you can.

A Speedy Stitcher and a dremel drill will do it for me. I put together a used saddle I bought using one. All the stitching had rotted out of it, so I replaced it using one of these> http://www.speedystitcher.com/#the-basics

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote