Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
vedearduff

No UN My latest "pistol".

I recently added a new "pistol" to my battery. It should have plenty of punch, but finding a holster is going to be a problem. I guess I'll just have to submit my form one and go the SBR rout.

Here are a couple photos.

This is a PTR K3P, a pistol (12.7 inch barrel) version of their PTR-91. Chambered in .308WIN and feeds from a 20 round magazine.

The PTR series is built on equipment purchased from an HK licensee. This version is basically a semi auto G3K in semi auto form. Once I've received approval from uncle Batty, I'll purchase a retractable stock and replace the endcap.

The current overall length is about 27.5 inches. By my calculations, it will be just a touch over 28 inches with the stock in the retracted position.

Since this version has a rail welded on top of the receiver, I will probably be adding an AimPoint PRO.

I also have a PTR-91 Classic and have a Hensoldt Z-24 scope on it.

One of the nice things about these is that mags are cheap, I purchased 100 just after I got my Classic and have just under $1.80 (shipping included) in each of them.

I've not yet had a chance to get the pistol to the range and will update this thread once I've corrected that situation.
vedearduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:03 PM   #2
slug

Please correct me if I am wrong

But it is my understanding that

You can not put a shoulder stock

on a pistol ...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
vedearduff

That's why I'll submit my form one to the BATFE and wait for official approval to convert the "pistol" into an SBR. Once I have approval from uncle batty, I'll locate and purchase the retractable stock. Then it will be a simple matter of removing the two pins that hold the endcap on, remove the endcap assembly, and then install the stock assembly.

If I were to skip the form one, I'd be eligible for an all expenses paid 10 year vacation at club fed.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
slug

Sounds good...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:40 PM   #5
buzgun
slug

gun

I imagine that throws some fireballs.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:43 AM   #6
vedearduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
I imagine that throws some fireballs.
Not as much as the version with the 8 inch barrel.

I know a guy who has a registered HK sear pack, he's looking for a full auto G3 bolt carrier. His sear pack is set up for his MP5 clone and he has the parts to set it up for the HK-91/G3.

If he can come up with the needed bolt carrier, we are going to see how the K3P runs in full auto. If things work out, I'll post a report and I'll try to get video.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:41 AM   #7
baboon
slug

I have a registered reciever H&K G3K. It's alot more fun with the G8 drum. At the least your are going to want to get some of the 40 round magazines!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #8
vedearduff

I've done some checking, and the Betamag 100 round drum seems to have a good reputation. It's on the spendy side, but a couple of those could be a lot of fun.

The bad thing about taking my buddy up on his offer is that it will probably make me start looking for my own sear pack.

The good thing about the HK sear pack is that it is usable with so many HK platforms. I've always had an interest in an MP5, and that would be my next project if I were to get the sear pack.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #9
Brightblade
Paladin

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-G3-PTR91-c2.htm
Brightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #10
THE DUDE

Quote:
If I were to skip the form one, I'd be eligible for an all expenses paid 10 year vacation at club fed.

This is internet boogeyman BS .

Where you get jammed up is being involved in a crime and having an unregistered NFA firearm in your possession . BUT even then it has to be handled by the FEDS/ATF. Local/state wont waste the time and give you the first charge ( drugs , assault, whatever ) and then the "persons prohibited" charge for having a gun follows that as a rollover sentence.

The amount of $$$ in the courts for trying just to prosecute for an unregistered nfa is ridiculous that's why they offer you the opportunity to turn it over . Cooperate and you might not get nothing out of it cause once again.. the $$/time involved to prosecute would be alarming. Don't cooperate and be a dick, they can go from fines ( which you have 7 years to pay) all the way to a full blown raid.
THE DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:49 PM   #11
vedearduff

Thanks for the information.

I did say "eligible".

I agree, the chances of getting busted and charged are slim. That said; if I decide I need to add a stock, I'll either follow the form one process or I'll permanently attach a 4 inch flash hider.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #12
vedearduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightblade View Post
Thanks for the link. I see that they have the older version of the A3 stock, I'll have to keep this in mind.

I've ordered a few things from RTG for my PTR-91 Classic. This is where I purchased the steel lower you see in the photos. The Z-24 scope on my Classic also came from RTG.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:32 PM   #13
Boris

so I guess you won't be tucking that in your waistband under your Hawaiian shirt,,lol

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #14
vedearduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
so I guess you won't be tucking that in your waistband under your Hawaiian shirt,,lol
Probably not. But I could suspend it on a single point sling and cover it with my Outback coat. I'm big enough I could pull it off, and in Indiana it would be covered with my LTCH (License To Carry Handgun),
Old 04-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #15
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedearduff View Post
I've done some checking, and the Betamag 100 round drum seems to have a good reputation. It's on the spendy side, but a couple of those could be a lot of fun.
The H&K G8 drum holds 50 rounds & it's heavy enough. Couldn't imagine adding another 50 rounds worth of weight to it. Then again for what beta mags cost you could buy 3 of them for what the G8 drums cost.

A buddy of mine had a betamag for his registered reciever H&K 53. He said it worked if it was welllubed with graphite.

Hey if your luckey Magpul will make their D60 drums for the H&K. The 3 I have run great in my M-16A2 & no dicking around with graphite.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote