Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-09-2024, 01:23 PM   #1
aviator
unum de multis

Default I guess old age is catching up with me.

Had a doctor's appt this morning. Have had some minor chest pain when I do certain things, like chopping down a tree, I sit on the rower for 30 minutes, no problems, I do weights, no problems, I walk and I'm all right but if I do some things it's there, I take a deep breath, wait a minute and it goes away. So he ran a fancy 10 lead ECG and no blockage was detected, which is a good thing, but I still have my "left bundle branch block" that's been there for years and years. He also did some blood work, urine and all that stuff and I need to go see a cardiologist I know so he can check me out. There is no cure for the branch block and it could cause some discomfort as the heart speeds up, I'm hoping that's what it is.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:01 PM   #2
Diesel 88888888
slug

Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Had a doctor's appt this morning. Have had some minor chest pain when I do certain things, like chopping down a tree, I sit on the rower for 30 minutes, no problems, I do weights, no problems, I walk and I'm all right but if I do some things it's there, I take a deep breath, wait a minute and it goes away. So he ran a fancy 10 lead ECG and no blockage was detected, which is a good thing, but I still have my "left bundle branch block" that's been there for years and years. He also did some blood work, urine and all that stuff and I need to go see a cardiologist I know so he can check me out. There is no cure for the branch block and it could cause some discomfort as the heart speeds up, I'm hoping that's what it is.
Good luck with that...I go in for heart surgery on April 22 if there are no changes; lets face it: Getting Old SUCKS!

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 03:59 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 88888888 View Post
Good luck with that...I go in for heart surgery on April 22 if there are no changes; lets face it: Getting Old SUCKS!
April 22. let us know on the way back. It will be OK.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 04:40 PM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Sorry to hear that. Do whatever the Doc says.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:51 PM   #5
55chevy

Several years back I was having a hernia procedure done and in the prep process the nurse ack me have you a hear attack? Well ,no I said. Long story short, had to see a cardiologist. I have a right bundle block and he told me not a problem. Then he went on and said if it ws a left bundle block we would be having a much different discussion! So, do what the doc says.
55chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 09:02 PM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55chevy View Post
Several years back I was having a hernia procedure done and in the prep process the nurse ack me have you a hear attack? Well ,no I said. Long story short, had to see a cardiologist. I have a right bundle block and he told me not a problem. Then he went on and said if it ws a left bundle block we would be having a much different discussion! So, do what the doc says.
I've had it for some time and two doctors have told me not to pay attention to it. My daughter looked up some stuff, it makes your heart beat slower which could cause some light pain when some physical activity speeds it up, which is what I have. I'm trying to get an appointment with one of the best guys in town and see what he says.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:04 PM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
I've had it for some time and two doctors have told me not to pay attention to it. My daughter looked up some stuff, it makes your heart beat slower which could cause some light pain when some physical activity speeds it up, which is what I have. I'm trying to get an appointment with one of the best guys in town and see what he says.
Ah hell Fred they have all kinds of meds and stuff they can do these days to fix you up you will be o.k.
Left side of my heart is working fine but the right side is not pulling its weight. They gave me pills to create a normal work together rhythm and hell its like back to normal.
I was getting short of breath and now no problems. The Drs. will fix yah up buddy you will be just fine.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:07 PM   #8
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Be careful of what the doc advises. Sometimes they advise treatments (like a preventative stent) and has no benefit but makes them lots of pesos.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:48 AM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

I'm not too concerned, it was first detected 18 years ago, I'm stilll here.

500G, I always do my own research and so does my daughter (BS R.N.) She told me exactly what it was when she saw the ECG.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:20 AM   #10
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

Aviator: Whatever it is I hope it gets worked out. Anxiety is another possibility. You have been through a lot lately with your son and sometimes anxiety can have a delayed onset and manifest as all kinds of weird symptoms.

Diesel: I will pray for your recovery.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:31 PM   #11
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARANDNUT View Post
Aviator: Whatever it is I hope it gets worked out. Anxiety is another possibility. You have been through a lot lately with your son and sometimes anxiety can have a delayed onset and manifest as all kinds of weird symptoms.

Diesel: I will pray for your recovery.
Yeah, I will be all right, this condition has been with me for some time now, but it's bothering me if I do certain things, like chopping down a tree and throwing it on top of my truck in pieces. I'll have to take things easier. Stress I have. Daughter is getting married in Feb next year, I'm getting a house all remodeled for her and the dammed contractor and my wife are stressing me out and and money keeps flying like it has wings.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:44 PM   #12
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

Ever since I had Lyme disease last year, my blood pressure has been elevated. Friday my BP was 175/124. Went to the doctor Monday morning and they put me on BP meds. It brought BP down to an average of 142/93. I'll turn 60 in a week and a half. Now I have a cold and sinus infection.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:05 PM   #13
Johnny

Sorry to hear of the scary news.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:06 PM   #14
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Sorry to hear of the scary news.
I take them as they come, we all die one day.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:14 PM   #15
Johnny

Quote:
I take them as they come, we all die one day.
Yes; we will. That doesn't scare me. The only thing that scares me is the prospect of being dependent upon someone else.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote