Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
Sanders

Default A Classic Reborn: The Beretta 92 Compact 9mm—Full Review.

This looks...interesting.

Quote:
The Beretta 92 Compact Tour

The Beretta 92 Compact is a classic double-action / single-action pistol. From an uncocked status, the first trigger press cocks the hammer and releases it, hence the “double-action” description. Recoil from the first shot cocks the external hammer for the next, so the second trigger press is much lighter and requires much less travel distance.

Like most other Beretta pistols, this one features a combination safety and decocker lever. The frame-mounted lever, accessible on both sides, safely decocks the hammer with a downward stroke. However, it also disconnects the trigger when activated, so the trigger moves back and forth freely. So, technically, it doesn’t “lock things up” like a traditional frame-mounted safety, but it effectively accomplishes a similar purpose.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/cla...m-full-review/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

I have a 92a1 but the first pistol I had that could do all that was the P-38 that some German bloke had no further use for.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

That compact makes a lot of sense.

I have a Model 9 with US markings. It's an OK gun but I've probably fired it less than any other handgun I own. Just seems like an awful big gun for 9mm.

Beretta M9 by John Danley, on Flickr
Old 01-19-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
dinkydow

I have a Beretta 92 F just like that one. I put an adjustable rear sight on mine. It shot 2-3" low and 2-3 inches to the left at 50,' out of the box and THAT was intolerable. It's a good solid piece. Gobbles up about any 9mm I stuff in it without a burp or a fart. JHP's...no problem. Years ago I picked up a threaded barrel for it so I could attach a can....if I felt the need.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:33 AM   #5
Angry White Trash
slug

Like me some Beretta pistoles.
Angry White Trash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
Railbuggy

Fine pistol but I'm into pocket guns now. I bought a Taurus PT22 a while back because I liked the size and tip barrel loading. That got me looking for Beretta 22As,25As, and the 3032 Tomcat models. http://hibberdarmory.com/ John had a Tomcat for sale last month for $450. I sent a costumer down to his shop in need of one.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #7
CDawg
slug

I like the setup on the late 80's Taurus PT92(fixed sights) and PT99(adjustable sights) with the frame mounted safeties much better. ...no decocker and can be carried cocked and locked. Safety flips off downward like the 1911. Still can be carried double action/single action if you want it to be, just lower the hammer manually(carefully) on a chambered round. I also have the smaller .380 12rd, the PT58S. Same setup. Taurus haters gonna hate, but these just work and have for 30 years now without a single failure, jam or otherwise. All have been extremely accurate weapons too. Shot the Beretta in the military, just never had the desire to own one. They are reliable and good looking pistols though for sure.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

I'm not a Taurus hater having a hand full of older Taurus handguns.
But they are having some major problems as of late.
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #9
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driswalds View Post
I'm not a Taurus hater having a hand full of older Taurus handguns.
But they are having some major problems as of late.
Yep. I bought my Mom a 605 snub nose .357 and the cylinder locked up on it. You could only pull the trigger and get it to turn if it was aimed at the ground. I pulled the plate off the side to look at it, figuring it was just some gunk or something, but could not see anything amiss. We sent it to Taurus and they sent back a new gun.

One of my employees bought his wife a .38 Special Taurus snubby, and it had to get sent back, too. I don't remember what it was doing, but Taurus replaced it.

My sister had a Taurus 24/7 in .45 ACP and the trigger pull on it was so strong that most rounds would go into the dirt in front of the target. I was trying to coach her and she kept putting the rounds into the dirt. Finally, I asked to try the pistol and it was a challenge just to get rounds on paper.

Every manufacturer has their boogers, but my luck with Taurus hasn't been that great. Look at Ruger. They tend to rush new guns to market, only to have a recall a few months later for some previously undetected bug.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #10
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

Funny the 24/7 has all sorts of videos of them firing with out pulling the trigger.
I think the videos are all from Brasil.

The last I purchased was a 454 over ten years ago. Its built like a tank and have not had any issues. Seems they have really tanked the last 10 years.
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote