Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #16
buzgun
slug

Would not a M-60 firing from a moving "mutt" represent the ultimate drive-by ?

I believe this is something i would like to try - maybe i have a undiscovered talent for such shooting !

P.S my 60 is almost done ! --- talk about "Christmas eve syndrome"
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #17
buzgun
slug

Here are the completion photos ! - WOW this was very difficult to build - i ended up spending alot of time just fabricating pieces just to set the rivets

1-Photo- this is what i started off with , i Riveted the bottom rail into the sheet metal channel first - connected the T&E plate - then i milled the rivets flush , then i set the rivet for the op-rod tube connecting it to the receiver trunnion - i had to turn a piece of 1" round steel down to approx .800 thous
put the rivet through the op-rod tube & trunnion tap in the metal rod inside the tube to hold the rivet and whack it with a hammer to set the rivet

2- this is a "mock up" of how the semi-auto mechanism functions - this is a scaled down M-1 Carbine trigger housing that is linked to the M60's rubber coated trigger housing by the 4" linkage arm (this scaled down M1 Carbine T-H fits into a recess that is machined into the left semi auto M60 rail and you can see a little of it from the outside if you look closely at the left rail it looks like a "muscle back" raised ares)- the hammer of this scaled down M1 carbine T-Group hits a sear that is contained in a block that screws into the back of the special Semi-auto M60 bolt - this sear releases a spring loaded striker and the striker hits the firing pin and the gun 'goes bang" - theoretically - i have yet to test fire it !
But it functions smooth when i cycle it by hand with dummy-rounds

3- is a photo of the semi-auto M60 bolt face - the firing pin hole in the bolt face is .070 thous. - and requires a special firing pin
4- Shows the M60 trigger housing with the connector "fin" that pokes up in through a small slot that is milled into the underside of the Semi 60's receiver - this "fin" engages the linkage arm - and actuates the small M1 carbine trigger group

5- I have the receiver totally riveted together and parkerized - the rivets are set in a similar fashion to a AK - cept there are alot more of them - they range from 1/8" to 3/16" thick - and are easy to mushroom & mill flush - the series of 1/8" rivets along the sides have a domed shaped head , and are not milled flush like the rest of them

6- you can see the dummy rounds i use to check for function , the rifle fires from a closed bolt , and if you look close you can see the silver "striker" sticking out of the back of the bolt - this means it is cocked and ready to fire

7 & 8 are "money shots" - i like Vietnam style guns - and this one is about the ultimate - i looked all over for proper 1960's parts for it and i got all the major identifiable ones , the forearm & butt -w- swivels on the bottom the forearm has a hole in the middle of it -(I still dont know what it is for , but all the V.N photos i have seen have this) the old style barrel lock , and rear sight , magazine bracket , and a 1962 SAK barrel

I will edit this with photos of , and a range report as soon as possible - I want to bust some caps !!!

Last edited by buzgun; 06-11-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:04 AM   #18
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

All I can say is ... WOW!

Looking good there Mr. buzgun, looking good!

5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #19
dinkydow

Yep thats what they look like.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #20
Gus

Buz you do some fine work and I mean that ... some how your toys seem out of place in the Chitown environment. :lol
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:10 PM   #21
Sanders

I am soooooo jealous! I'll trade you a couple horses for it. The '60 would cost less to feed.

Great job!!

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #22
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusB
Buz you do some fine work and I mean that ... some how your toys seem out of place in the Chitown environment. :lol
Thank you Gus , this one will be going out to Phoenix and left there - as there is no place to shoot it here in Chicago

It would be "good medicine" for a ZULU attack - though !
Old 06-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #23
Gus

Buz If you don't mind my asking how do you plan to get the M60 out there?
I fly to Phoenix and always take two pistols and one rifle with me on the airplane, more times then not I get some kind of BS flying out of Phoenix on my return trip. I can't even imagine the commotion of checking in with that
M60, but it would be worth buying a ringside ticket to watch. :lol
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #24
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Buz, she is beautiful. I have included picture of the style barrel we used on the 60's we had on our Mutts. All the bipods had been removved to reduce the front weight of the weapon. We commonly "freegunned", and so you needed to make the weapon tail heavy to reduce the risk of shooting your own ride.

HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #25
buzgun
slug

Awesome photo Horse , (thanks for sharing it) - man now i got to get me that twisty wire , but i dont know about taking the bipod off - the gun is purty heavy and awkward firing from the shoulder , especially with a 100 round belt in the canvas magazine !

Besides RAMBO did not take his off to "settle the score" with the mean ol' Sheriff ! LOL !
Old 06-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #26
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Well as I said, the bipodless barrels where only for use while mounted on the M-151A2 series 1/4 ton utility vehicles. We always had normal barrels in spare barrel bags if we needed to dismount the weapon.
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #27
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176
Well as I said, the bipodless barrels where only for use while mounted on the M-151A2 series 1/4 ton utility vehicles. We always had normal barrels in spare barrel bags if we needed to dismount the weapon.
Horse im gonna have a go at fabricating some kind of pedestal mount , i still dont have a real good idea of how i will design it and how it will look , but i have a platform pintle & a socket for it , i will make a 30cal ammo can holder -and now i will look for some scrap pipe the correct diam. for this and maybe make a mount that you can simply walk up to the gun and fire it while you stand up straight !
Old 06-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #28
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Just get a C-Rat can and attach it to the side like they used to do on hueys to assist feeding.Im sure DorgunR could show ya how.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #29
panaceabeachbum

glad to read this thread, i am starting an e3 build with a JRW semi rec kit in a few weeks, i am sure I will have plenty of questions for you
Old 09-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #30
panaceabeachbum

buzgun do you have a close up pic of the trip mechanism and all the small parts installed, also curious about the trip hammer pin, I know the trip housing olds one end of the pin is the other end supported by a hole drilled in the modified rail?
panaceabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote