Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 08-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #1
Sanders

Thumbs up CCI Opens New .22 Rimfire Production Facility in Idaho

I wonder if .22 LR ammo will ever get below 6 cents/round again?

Quote:
Vista Outdoors opened their new rimfire production facility in Lewiston, Idaho last week. The facility covers 37,000 square feet. Vista Oudoors owns the CCI and Federal ammunition brands and are major suppliers of .22 rimfire ammunition for the US market.

The CCI facility in Lewiston, Idaho has been running almost non-stop to meet demand in the United States for the last four years. It producing about four million .22 rimfire rounds a day.

To meed the increased structural demand for .22 rimfire, Vista Outdoors made the decision to increase and improve their rimfire production. The new plant automates the production to modern standards.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...acility-idaho/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
Railbuggy

I hope the price drops. Target grade 22lr should cost no more $20 for a brick of 500.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

I still have some CCI minimags that cost $4.95 a brick.
THAT's the price level I would like to see again.

edit:

Also have some Winchester 'Wildcat' .22LR from the same era, almost a full brick.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #4
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

I think the Great .22 Drought has finally broken. The local WalMart that hasn't had more than 2 boxes of .22s at a time now has shelves stocked with CCI, Winchesters and Remingtons. Bricks of Thunderbolts are $24.00. The supply is back and demand is falling so the prices should be coming down pretty soon.
I'm not buying yet because I've still got bricks of Federals that I paid $6.90 for. If they get down to around $15 I'll start to buy some more.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #5
Railbuggy

Went out and bought a used Taurus PT22 with the Rosewood grips to celebrate. I might give it to my 21 year old daughter for a CC piece when I'm done.
Railbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #6
baboon
slug

I just recieved an e-mail notice from surplusammo.com for Federal American Eagle .22 for $24.99 per 500 rounds.

Not sure what I paid years ago, but it runs great for me in all my .22's including my CMMG dedicated upper on the M16.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #7
RetVet
Statistical Error

Just like gasoline, they got people used to the higher price. I don't expect 22's to go much below where they are now. They know people will continue to buy them at the new inflated prices. $10 or even $17 dollar a brick days are long gone. Bastards.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #8
Railbuggy

DICKS had a special a while back with the 325 round boxes of Federal target grade performance 22lr. I think it was $17.99 a box on sale but I had coupons 20% off on $100 purchase. I got 6 boxes, twice. Opened one box to try in my Ruger Charger. Had a few that were duds. Maybe it was my rapid fire.
Railbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

One of the hunting channels I have just showed a series on that new plant. That one and Winchesters facilitates.
Interesting their making millions of rounds a week and someone is buying? RetVet is right I fear prices will never be back to pre panic prices.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #10
Legion489
Dud

Well if you look at the price of lead (there are NO primary lead smelters in the US! ONLY recycled lead smelters and they operate under strict rules. That means "expensive". So fresh lead has to be imported from... guess where? RIGHT! China!) has gone through the roof compared to what it was pre-Obobo. Now look at copper, zinc (remember when zinc was $2/ton?!), etc., and there is no way they can sell it for 5 cents each any more. I'm amazed they can sell it for six cents for that matter. Of course if you use a currency generator and see what $15/brick .22s are in today's money it may not be far off. Remember the 1968 Mustang cost $5,000 out the door too!
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:36 AM   #11
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion489 View Post
Well if you look at the price of lead (there are NO primary lead smelters in the US! ONLY recycled lead smelters and they operate under strict rules. That means "expensive". So fresh lead has to be imported from... guess where? RIGHT! China!) has gone through the roof compared to what it was pre-Obobo. Now look at copper, zinc (remember when zinc was $2/ton?!), etc., and there is no way they can sell it for 5 cents each any more. I'm amazed they can sell it for six cents for that matter. Of course if you use a currency generator and see what $15/brick .22s are in today's money it may not be far off. Remember the 1968 Mustang cost $5,000 out the door too!
Plus with govt. regs to get a new ammo manufacturing plant up and running their millions in debt before the first round is made.
Saint Marks, Florida, Dupont in Maryland I think maybe a very few others and also a big co. in Canada is making our powder. Fred my bud from St. Marks said nobody wants to go through the govt. regs to start another powder company even if they had the cash.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion489 View Post
Actually 'Fresh Lead' is still very available. All the silver mines and gold ore production facilities have lots of lead as a by product.
Especially in the silver mining industry. A hell of a lot of lead is a by product and has been used in the industry for many years.|
The 'Lead Only' mines were toxic operations. Politics played in that game.
Piss on the HNIC who shut them down anyway.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #13
Bull
Rabble Rouser

check out
www.ammoseek.com

delivered prices are about 5c a round, Walmart is overloaded with .04c .22
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:52 AM   #14
500grains
Soldier of Allah

That took long enough.

I will reward their investment by purchasing some.