Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Gardening, Animal Husbandry, and Yard Care
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 02-18-2024, 12:51 PM   #1
RTO

Dog What Is Xylitol? The Dangers of Xylitol/Birch Sugar For Dogs

A substance called xylitol, also commonly called “birch sugar,” is making thousands of dogs sick and even causing death, affecting more pets now than ever before. And you might have it in your home right now.

The Pet Poison Helpline confirms that cases of xylitol poisoning have increased dramatically in recent years. “In 2018, we received nearly 4,000 cases and now have more than 20,000 such cases in our database,” Dr. Ahna Brutlag, the helpline’s Director of Veterinary Services, tells the American Kennel Club. She notes that, from 2013 to 2018, xylitol cases increased by 230%.

“While more dog owners have heard about xylitol, they’re still thinking it’s mainly in food products such as sugar-free gum, candy, and other foods,” Dr. Brutlag goes on. “More recently, we’re seeing it turn up in all sorts of surprising places—deodorant, peanut butter, . . .

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/he...rs-of-xylitol/

I may be late to the party with this info but while researching if s were good for dogs I ran across this article. Some peanut butters contain xylitol and my dogs love peanut butter as a treat. We like Peter Pan PB and the dogs do too, it does not contain xylitol.

BTW s are healthy for dogs when given in moderation.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 01:04 PM   #2
JD Miller
Fake Member

My winco peanut butter - No Xylitol in it
Old 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM   #3
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Xylitol, along with many other artificial sweetners like aspartame are poisonous to dogs. I try to make sure mine don't get anything with any artificial sweetners.

I won't buy peanut butter with any sweetners in it including sugar or corn syrup. Good peanut butter doesn't need it.

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:57 AM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

My dog can only eat a special diabetic dog food, it's ground up meat and doesn't smell very good either but she likes it.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:52 AM   #5
NRA_guy

Two stray dogs came on my front porch and killed my cat one morning at 5:00 a.m. a few weeks ago. I have it on security camera video. The dogs were not neighbors' dogs---I had never seen them before.

Anyway, I was researching appropriate responses and somebody told me about xylitol. I had never heard about it, but I looked at artificial sweeteners in some local stores and never saw any containing xylitol. I found it on the internet but did not order any.

Of course 12-gauge 00 lead is another possible solution.

Anyway, the dogs have not been back.
NRA_guy is online now   Reply With Quote