Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 04-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #16
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

So what's the going-rate on a Sistema ?

If what I'm reading is correct, I'd opt for a Sistema. CZ-52's are pieces of shit, I absolutely hate them. I've never had the misfortune of owning one, but I've fired 'em before. With that in mind, I would be much more inclined to purchase a Sistema.
Thanks for the great info, guys
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:13 AM   #17
Thylacine
Molon Labe Y'All

CZ52 is a fine one. I am going to get another 3 (more) as soon as they become available.
Thylacine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 AM   #18
RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thylacine
CZ52 is a fine one. I am going to get another 3 (more) as soon as they become available.
Glad you came over, welcome to the unker.

You are right, I have one and am going to buy one more (and a couple of firing pins too).

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:37 AM   #19
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShiner
So what's the going-rate on a Sistema ?

If what I'm reading is correct, I'd opt for a Sistema. CZ-52's are pieces of shit, I absolutely hate them. I've never had the misfortune of owning one, but I've fired 'em before. With that in mind, I would be much more inclined to purchase a Sistema.
Thanks for the great info, guys
They really are nice handguns,they belch fire and have a lot of power.The grip isnt the greatest but that can be improved.I dont know why you had such a bad experience with one.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #20
SalBO
Gun Refinishing Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKaTom
Salbo, One of the vendors said they couldn't check C&R licenses online.

Thats true......I hadnt realized it until I just went and checked.....sorry.......

Federal Firearms License Search

The purpose of this program is to allow an FFL or other user to verify that a Federal Firearms License (FFL) is valid. The user needs only enter the first 3 digits and the last 5 digits of the FFL being verified in the blocks provided and select the SUBMIT button. Selecting the RESET button will clear previously entered data.

FFL eZ Check does not validate Type 03 (Collectors of Curios and Relics) and Type 06 (Manufacturer of Ammunition) licenses. All attempts to check the validity of Type 03 and Type 06 licenses will result in an error message, even though the licenses may be valid. An FFL should not use this error message as reason to deny dealing with a Type 03 licensee.
SalBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:12 PM   #21
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKWARRIOR
I dont know why you had such a bad experience with one.
I've fired a few of these "jewels", and every single one had the look and feel of a complete piece of shit. You're right, the grip is hideous, but easily fixed. A few wraps of some ghetto-chrome (duct-tape) would do it a world of good, in both cosmetics and function. Just handling the silly thing made me thing "cheap, junk pistol. Great cantidate for a bridge gun." Bridge gun = homocide weapon, use once, and hurl off of a bridge.

Incidentally, I own a few junk-pistols too. So try not to confuse my position with being snobby.

If other people love them, that's fine, I'm not trying to start a mud-fight with my homiez over a $4 pistol.
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #22
RetVet
Statistical Error

I need one more CZ52. A 1952 dated copy. Hopefully another large batch will be imported and bump the prices back down a bit.

The Combloc stuff requires a taste of its own. I'm just partial to the Czech weaponry and wouldn't mind picking up another CZ50 and 70 as well (unless I can snag a CZ38 or CZ45 instead).
Old 04-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #23
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShiner
I've fired a few of these "jewels", and every single one had the look and feel of a complete piece of shit. You're right, the grip is hideous, but easily fixed. A few wraps of some ghetto-chrome (duct-tape) would do it a world of good, in both cosmetics and function. Just handling the silly thing made me thing "cheap, junk pistol. Great cantidate for a bridge gun." Bridge gun = homocide weapon, use once, and hurl off of a bridge.

Incidentally, I own a few junk-pistols too. So try not to confuse my position with being snobby.

If other people love them, that's fine, I'm not trying to start a mud-fight with my homiez over a $4 pistol.
No I just thought it was funny is all.I wouldnt call them junk they pack a lot of power(Provided you get some HP for them) and they are accurate.Its not the first gun Id turn to for self protection but it would work.

RetVet I think I saw some CZ70's over at SOG the other day.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #24
RetVet
Statistical Error

I believe they have both 50's and 70's. I just ordered a Romak-3 though, so my cup is going to be empty for a while.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #25
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet
I just ordered a Romak-3 though, so my cup is going to be empty for a while.
Please post a report on it when you get it.Ive heard a mixed bag about the quality.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:44 AM   #26
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

The first Combloc handgun I ever got was a 1935 TT-33. It was a WWII bring back, and it looks like it. All the Soviet cartouches are intact, and no import marks. I like the TT-33, for the same reason I like the CZ-52's. They belch that fire, and at dusk that is so cool. In a pinch, yes it could be deadly, but not my first choice for self defense, not even in the top ten, but again, in a pinch... I really like the Makarov also, small, light, and almost as powerful as a 9 mmP. Given my choice, I will always go with .45ACP for self defense, but sometimes you have to improvise, adapt, and overcome.
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #27
SA58

I have 2 Sistema's and 3 CZ52's. If I could only pick one, I'd get the Sistema. Even when they were first here they didn't last all that long and the prices on them climbed instantly. Most of the barrels were rusty, and some were just plain beat to hell... but that's one of the great things about a 1911A1, you can get another and just drop it in (along with a whole myriad of other aftermarket parts) you can keep that sucker running forever and ever. Its true that these were made on Colt machiner under Colt supervision... aside from a Hartford it's about as close to an actual Colt 1911A1 as you'll get without buying one. Ergonomics are better than the CZ52 as well.

CZ52's... well, what do you really want for a $100 gun. I bought 3 in all... came with brand new holsters, extra mag and cleaning rod.. all in excellent condition (one blue/re-arsenaled, one grey park, one black park) It's a very powerfull round, strong, and pretty accurate too.. more so than my Sistemas. Trigger pull is heavy though, and the ergonomics aren't there.. but again, what do you want for a $100 combloc pistol? Anyway... I think they will still be around for awhile, so you're more likely to get one of those later. The Sistemas are few and far between. Just my opinion.
SA58 is offline   Reply With Quote