Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 11-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #16
TheMrMitch

Can you get ammo for the Vetterli? That's the only thing keeping me from getting one.

USMC 1959/1963

3%
The sun shines bright in the old Kentucky home,
'Tis summer, the darkies are gay,
TheMrMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #17
Airforce1
The Red Bearded Kraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrMitch View Post
Can you get ammo for the Vetterli? That's the only thing keeping me from getting one.
My Vetterli is converted to 6.5 Carcano but you will have to have some reduced cast load made for it. It is a black powder rifles converted to a smokeless one so you have to be careful.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."

III%
Airforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #18
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Those converted Vetterlis probably killed more behind the lines, than in front. Those we're el cheapo conversions for the rear echelon personnel. Something about the liner shooting out of the barrel.

BUT, they're still an interesting piece of history and besides, they look goofy with the Carcano magazine. hanging down in front of the trigger guard.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
p-38

I picked a carbine at a auction a couple of years ago, I think I payed like 150$ for it. After many attempts to identify this one I had many problems doing so.It was not produced at mat or mas but at. Et Continsouza as the receaver is marked, has left barrel band loop upfront for a sling with the rear left side of stock has sling bar cut into it. Also has top hand guard and later ww1 period notch front sight, then it has the double stock bolts for and aft of the receiver. Also the m16 5rd extended mag, but the thing that throws me is the extra long bent bolt and half cock semisafty (imo) of the early cav carbine. This rife is in about 85% overall condition in regards to original finish (love the tiger stripe looking wood stock). I thought a mix parts gun but all parts match the serial # except the barrel witch was replaced in the 30's as it is dated and the balle N stamp was added. Why I bought it was simple the very low serial number of the gun, around number 300 . Is it a artillery carbine cavalry carbine m1915 m16 or what, I was thinking a1892 carbine conversion to m16 but my sorce lists this gun as produced by mas or mat not who it says on receiver. I know these are dime a dozen guns but i still have the exact identity eating away at me. Other then that I only wish I had a 5 round clip and some of that privi ammo the no one has on stock ever. Well a couple do if you wanna pay way to much for it. Thanks to all who can help.
p-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
p-38

I picked a carbine at a auction a couple of years ago, I think I payed like 150$ for it. After many attempts to identify this one I had many problems doing so.It was not produced at mat or mas but at. Et Continsouza as the receaver is marked, has left barrel band loop upfront for a sling with the rear left side of stock has sling bar cut into it. Also has top hand guard and later ww1 period notch front sight, then it has the double stock bolts for and aft of the receiver. Also the m16 5rd extended mag, but the thing that throws me is the extra long bent bolt and half cock semisafty (imo) of the early cav carbine. This rife is in about 85% overall condition in regards to original finish (love the tiger stripe looking wood stock). I thought a mix parts gun but all parts match the serial # except the barrel witch was replaced in the 30's as it is dated and the balle N stamp was added. Why I bought it was simple the very low serial number of the gun, around number 300 . Is it a artillery carbine cavalry carbine m1915 m16 or what, I was thinking a1892 carbine conversion to m16 but my sorce lists this gun as produced by mas or mat not who it says on receiver. I know these are dime a dozen guns but i still have the exact identity eating away at me. Other then that I only wish I had a 5 round clip and some of that privi ammo the no one has on stock ever. Well a couple do if you wanna pay way to much for it. Thanks to all who can help.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #21
p-38

Still no ammo dang it.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #22
gunnysmith
Fear what you cannot see

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-239...box-of-20.aspx

Prvi Partizan 8mm Lebel ammo for sale is a new production ammo that features 200 Grain FMJ bullet. 8mm Lebel PPU ammo is reloadable, features brass cases and Boxer primers. This ammunition is non-corrosive. Order a case of PPU 8mm Lebel ammo bulk by Prvi Partizan, receive free shipping...

H. L. Mencken
gunnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
p-38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnysmith View Post

Prvi Partizan 8mm Lebel ammo for sale is a new production ammo that features 200 Grain FMJ bullet. 8mm Lebel PPU ammo is reloadable, features brass cases and Boxer primers. This ammunition is non-corrosive. Order a case of PPU 8mm Lebel ammo bulk by Prvi Partizan, receive free shipping...
Thanks alot gunny, I know where a bit of this weeks pay is headed.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

Quote:

Some PPU cases are only marginally reloadable due to thin brass. I have about 200 useless 6.5 Grendel cases made by PPU that once resized don't have enough neck tension to hold a bullet at all.
Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think, and act for myself--and then I will obey every law or submit to the penalty." - Chief Joseph
Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.)
quod futue te ipsum est quid
Havoc308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #25
gunnysmith
Fear what you cannot see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc308 View Post
Some PPU cases are only marginally reloadable due to thin brass. I have about 200 useless 6.5 Grendel cases made by PPU that once resized don't have enough neck tension to hold a bullet at all.
Lee factory crimp die
Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #26
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

Quote:
Lee factory crimp die
Won't work. The bullets just drop all the way to the powder. My calipers won't fit in the case neck to measure it but all the bullets do measure out at .264... Would you use the crimp die before seating the bullet?????
Old 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #27
gunnysmith
Fear what you cannot see

Quote:
Won't work. The bullets just drop all the way to the powder. My calipers won't fit in the case neck to measure it but all the bullets do measure out at .264... Would you use the crimp die before seating the bullet?????
Try this, size a fired case without an expander plug, while you're at it measure the expander plug to see if that's the problem.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #28
gunnysmith
Fear what you cannot see

Quote:
Try this, size one fired case without an expander plug, while you're at it measure the expander plug to see if that's the problem.
Hornady makes different size expander balls for the 6.5 calibers.
There were quite a few variations in 6.5 calibers of all kinds
Old 03-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #29
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

I definitively know this is an issue with the PPU brass. I resize Lapua and Hornady 6.5 Grendel brass, and Winchester 7.62x39 brass for fireforming without any issues whatsoever. I am using a Forster full length and ultra seating die.