Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Default My target/plinking 22LR firearms

Here are my favorite .22LR firearms. Both highly accurate.

My 10/22 has a hammer forged target barrel. I have an old Japanese made Tasco red dot on it. It is about as good as any target red dot there is. It is one of my first red dot sights. I don't think much of the new Tasco red dots, they are made in China. I also installed a Volquartsen bolt release (big improvement over original) and a Volquartsen Magazine release.

My MKII has a bull barrel and fitted with an UltraDot Matchdot sight. It is one of the favorite by competition paper punchers.

On a good day I can put 10 rounds out of either and cover all shots with a quarter at 50 feet while standing.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #2
Sanders

I was going to suggest a postal match, but I'm not so sure, now.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I've done a trigger tune-up on both of them, including lighter trigger springs.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:11 AM   #4
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
On a good day I can put 10 rounds out of either and cover all shots with a quarter at 50 feet while standing.
If that's the best you can do, you need more practice.
Cerberus
On the 10/22, did you do a 'trigger job'? or a drop in replacement.
If a replacement, which one? Thanks.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:48 AM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Nice Pogo.
Yup I think Tasco was made down around aviator in Miami? Super nice scopes with low prices and people passed them up because of the price. I had one on a .22 and loved it.
One of the big boys bought em out and they must have moved construction to Japan?
Old 05-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
If that's the best you can do, you need more practice.
Cerberus
On the 10/22, did you do a 'trigger job'? or a drop in replacement.
If a replacement, which one? Thanks.
cerberus
I did a trigger job. I had a video that I got from American Gunsmithing Institute. There are better videos on YouTube now than the one I had.

I used a diamond hone instead of a file to do the removing of metal. Don't use a Dremel to do the removing of metal, they are too difficult to control when doing precision work. I did use a Dremel to polish the surface with a felt wheel and jewelers rouge after finishing the job.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Nice Pogo.
Yup I think Tasco was made down around aviator in Miami? Super nice scopes with low prices and people passed them up because of the price. I had one on a .22 and loved it.
One of the big boys bought em out and they must have moved construction to Japan?
Tasco was originally founded by George Rosenfield in Miami, Florida. The manufacturing was in Japan and made telescopes (now Celestron), binoculars, microsopes, and gun sights. At that time Tasco optics was in the same league as Nikon and Leupold. I have an old Japanese made Tasco scope on a Ruger Number 1. It is as good as it gets.

In 2002 Tasco was sold to Bushnell and later manufacturing was shifted to China. They are basically $39.00 optics now (junk).
Old 05-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #8
Sanders

I have an older (Jap-made) Tasco red dot on my 22/45. That pistol is so accurate, it isn't challenging to shoot.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #9
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I like that 10/22.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
Stalky

Bull barrel 10-22,bull barrel MkII Ruger 22.my other favorite is is target crowned bolt action 22 I shortened the barrel and I did myself with a brass round head screw. With lapping compound
The Stevens 110 heavy match barrel. Stock except for replacement stock. Heavy barrel AR.
Just accumulated stuff over the years The Stevens is 7.62x51 btw. Just a few.
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #11
aviator
unum de multis

Those optic apparatus on the pistol take the fun away.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #12
baboon
slug

Here is my favorite .22 ever. CMMG barrel & bolt carrier on a Colt upper. I need to upgrade the front quad rail as it to heavy. Insight MRDS (Mini Red Dot Sight) on American defense mount. Black Dog Machine 50 round drum, Silencerco Spectre II suppressor. Work great on the M16 lower. Currently on an Aero Gen 2 I put together with KAK brace. I had more room for another complete gun over the upper taking up shelf space
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #13
JD Miller
Fake Member

I have a scoped CZ Brno 527 . very accurate

Id like to get Brno model 2
Old 06-13-2018, 07:11 PM   #14
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Here are my favorite .22LR firearms. Both highly accurate.

My 10/22 has a hammer forged target barrel. I have an old Japanese made Tasco red dot on it. It is about as good as any target red dot there is. It is one of my first red dot sights. I don't think much of the new Tasco red dots, they are made in China. I also installed a Volquartsen bolt release (big improvement over original) and a Volquartsen Magazine release.

My MKII has a bull barrel and fitted with an UltraDot Matchdot sight. It is one of the favorite by competition paper punchers.

A couple of fine pieces. Can't beat Ruger...

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote