Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
buzgun
slug

Default Photos of my semi-auto M60 (sort of)!

I have begun building this "kit" that i bought , it is very complicated ! , i have a 200pg. instructional manual that i am on page 3 of it! . I will edit this post with the progress i make this is a Approved JRW Sports receiver kit , and i cant wait to shoot it ! , i am going to go slow and be methodical ! Some of you guys think this is sac-religious to build a semi - but i live where it is not possible to have the real thing ! so this is as good as it gets for now !
I have researched looking at Vietnam photos , and i have bought a 1962 barrel , the old style forearm & butt - with the swivels on the bottom , a magazine bracket , and old model barrel lock lever - this has been difficult to find all these old parts - but i Dig this kind of stuff ! here it is :

buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #2
NCshooter26

Cool! Let us know your progress, a tutorial with pics is a MUST!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I believe Dink has built a few. If you have any questions, you might give him a holler.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
Wolverine

Looks Great!
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #5
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

semi or not it's still a nice weapon and sure to be a great addition to your collection. i border on the envious as this would go well with the M14 and B.A.R. that seem out of reach to me. if you don't mind my asking, how much do you have invested at this point ? good luck.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #6
Gus

Looks good buz ... I'll be looking for the progress updates.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #7
SalBO
Gun Refinishing Monkey

sweet !
SalBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

I would think that the two major problems would be the receiver, and the closed bolt requirement. I look forward to hering how you overcome these issues.
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176
I would think that the two major problems would be the receiver, and the closed bolt requirement. I look forward to hering how you overcome these issues.

Horse : the design is already "perfected" - it fires from a "closed bolt" , and the design is fairly complicated -as is the assembly ,(the whole thing rivets together) and i have never built anything this complicated - but the instructions are fairly detailed , It is a CNC made JRW manuf. semi-auto receiver kit I had a hard time finding the old Vietnam style parts i wanted , most of the old stuff is no longer possible to find -

the guy i bought the receiver kit from gave me a video & a 300pg. directions book - the receiver kit came with 3- Semi auto rails , a Trunnion , and sheet metal channel , and a -
semi auto op-rod , semi auto bolt , a bunch of special semi-auto 60 parts-How it works :
there is a scaled down M1-
Carbine trigger housing that fits into the left rail - the hammer of this trigger housing hits a sear lever -(that is mounted on a spring loaded block , that screws on to the back of the bolt) -and this releases a spring loaded "striker" similar to a 1903 SP. bolt action rifle , the whole system links to the M60 rubber coated trigger housing by a linkage arm that i have to fabricate , and there seems to be a lot of "fitting and polishing" to do to make the thing run reliably

I will post photos as i get going on the project
Old 05-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #10
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

So I take it that most standard M-60 parts, like the trigger housing will not work? That is to bad. I have a complete M-60, on a repop (sloid) receiver that I use as eyewash on my mutt. It would be really cool to get a semi receiver, and just drop in all my GI parts.

Oh well.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #11
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopshot
semi or not it's still a nice weapon and sure to be a great addition to your collection. i border on the envious as this would go well with the M14 and B.A.R. that seem out of reach to me. if you don't mind my asking, how much do you have invested at this point ? good luck.

Flopshot , the receiver kit was 2300 , and the old Vietnam M60 parts i pieced together were another 3K , but it took me about a year to get all the Vietnam style parts together
Old 05-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #12
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176
So I take it that most standard M-60 parts, like the trigger housing will not work? That is to bad. I have a complete M-60, on a repop (sloid) receiver that I use as eyewash on my mutt. It would be really cool to get a semi receiver, and just drop in all my GI parts.

Oh well.

Horse : the only non original M60 parts are : the 3 rails , the sheetmetal channel , the op-rod , the bolt , ---- the rest of the parts are original M60

But the full auto parts that fit inside the M60 trigger housing are left out - and replaced with semi-auto ones , ---- you will see when i post more photos what i mean !
Old 05-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #13
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Roger That

Look forward to seeing them.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #14
dinkydow

Nope,I have never built a semi auto M-60.

I have put together 2 full autos...never a semi. Too much work. I have an M-60 that mounts on my mutt and looks right at home. If you think you can hit shit from a Jeep that is crossing a field with a belt fed machine gun...dream on. I have tried it and it is very dangerous. Once the vehicle stops.....then.

The muzzle blast beats the snot out of the driver if you are firing over the hood.

I like mounting the .50 BMG on the jeeps. them damn big cans will chip the paint though. GOT to fabricate a shell catch bag.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #15
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

We had M-60's on our units mutts, and they wheren't of much use while moving, except to convince the bad guys to duck long enough for us to run (drive) away, or at least make us feel good if we had to engage aircraft. Even stopped, they wheren't as accurate as tripod/ground mounts. I had a nug shoot off the top of the fording intake, just above the drivers head. Thank goodness they where aluminum, not steel. He lost control of the weapon, and was trying to hold on to the weapon, and ended up mashing the trigger. Needless to say, he wasn't the gunner for the rest of that FTX.