Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #16
Sanders

That full face helmet will also help keep any tree branches from taking out your peepers.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #17
dinkydow

I still have the full face helmet I wore a long time Go. It has a duck bill visor I mounted on it...which allowed me to tilt my head down....and avoid mud, tree branches etc., heading for my face. My new brain bucket has THAT built in. I still have my Thorsten Hallman ridding leathers...and my MX boots....but I am no longer the trim hardass I was 50 years ago.

I dont plan on being quite the constant, weight on the pegs...hot dawg...I was. More of an off road sightseer.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:52 PM   #18
twin50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Its fuel injected and has INSTANT throttle response. Gotta be real careful with the throttle ....I expect it could wheelstand....or roostertail the sod up depending on how much traction it had. Its like a small 4wd automobile underneath. Shaft drive, IRS through CV jointed half shafts. Double disc brakes on the front, single disc on the back. No spider gears...just a ring and pinion. Coil over shocks at all 4 corners. Automatic trans...with park. Digital dashboard....it is a sweet ride. I have a ton of pals 2ho have been ragging on me to get one....so I did.

Makes going out to the mailbox....and back....a snap.

I just purchased a small 5x8 trailer to haul it around on. Wednesday past....

I am looking forward to doing some trail ridding. Not it the cold though.....
I rode that particular model last year out here on the farm...my young buddy does a lot of atv flipping and that is one he picked up. It will shredd your lawn fast quick and in a hurry.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #19
dinkydow

Its 495 cc's....and has plenty of power. Twin cylinders and 4 stroke. I have been very careful when driving it around in the yard as hard turns or jackrabbit starts will indeed fuck the lawn up. Very quickly.

Throttle response is incredibly fast. No lag whatsoever. I expect it could spit me off easily if I got foolish.

One buddy has a Suzuki Eiger that I have rode around on his 300 acres in Sohio...it seemed to have plenty of power. He rode my new one around here...and...up and down the street. His 35 year old TALL son has a 1000cc Suzuki...he wants to trade for something smaller...or sell it and buy a less powerful putt. Both tell me that what i chose is about right.

They both told me that those big BIG ATV 's are best left to the younger crazymen.

So....

The automatic transmission is something that I am not familiar with on/in a putt...no shifting. Select the hi or lo....and go. Front axel lock in is done from a switch on right handlebar.

When you are ready to stop...you put it in park. Set the brake and switch it off. Much like an auto.

They make them with an electronic power steering assist. $700 more...an option. Mag wheels....etc. you can keep adding options until you are at $10,000 plus....pretty easily.

What i have is plenty. Not like i was 20 years old anymore. I am slo to mt and dismount...not looking forward to being spit off.....so....I will be cruising like an old man....
Old 03-25-2021, 01:01 PM   #20
dinkydow

Fired the Polaris up..first time this year...took it out slow cruising the yard around the house looking at stuff...planning some repairs and upgrades...then selected 4X4 Low...and slowly motored out into the woods behind my house. Not sloppy with mud as I thought it would be..lots of downed small trees & stuff that needs to be chainsawed and added to my wood pile.
My putt now has 3.75 miles on it. I was easing it up and over small fallen logs and getting a feel for what it is all about. Been awhile since I was on the dirt.. and never before on an ATV. A whole new thang...
Old 03-25-2021, 02:06 PM   #21
aviator
unum de multis

I rode a Polaris in Alaska, they can be fun.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:31 PM   #22
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Not a bad looking quad, I got a suzuki kingquad 750 4x4 I plow with and 1986 Honda 250r which I haven’t rode or started in like 10 years.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:02 PM   #23
Sanders

What happens when someone gets tired of their Polaris:

Old 03-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #24
aviator
unum de multis

Money to burn?
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #25
dinkydow

I was thinking about doing some putting out in the woods.....but then....UPS came with a delivery...and I stepped outside to get my package.... now....I have a fire going in the fireplace and the coffee is brewing.

Seems like a good day to stay inside...where it is warm...instead of freezing my fat ass off outside.

Geezerhood has arrived.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #26
dinkydow

Nice day today. Bright, sunny, trees are just beginning to leaf up...there are some nice low, water filled... spots... in the woods behind my house. I was making some rooster tails of fresh mud......when....I discovered that when my ATV comes on the pipe....it will lift the front wheels right up...effortlessly. I had no real idea it would do that. Dragged an old burned up rusty ridding lawn mower that previous occupants left in the woods and some bald tires. Guess I will cut the lawn mower up into pieces and put the pieces in the trash bin. The bald tires will burn on earth day.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #27
twin50

Yes nice her today as well perfect riding weather.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #28
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Nice day today. Bright, sunny, trees are just beginning to leaf up...there are some nice low, water filled... spots... in the woods behind my house. I was making some rooster tails of fresh mud......when....I discovered that when my ATV comes on the pipe....it will lift the front wheels right up...effortlessly. I had no real idea it would do that. Dragged an old burned up rusty ridding lawn mower that previous occupants left in the woods and some bald tires. Guess I will cut the lawn mower up into pieces and put the pieces in the trash bin. The bald tires will burn on earth day.
The way steel prices are lately, you could probably take that mower to the salvage yard and get enough to buy half a box of ammo.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:01 AM   #29
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I really like the suspension on polaris. The ranchers out here beat the shit out of them though, and have fewer headaches with the hondas. My own experience with honda is that they ride rough, the brakes are so-so compared to polaris, but they always start and never break. So I suppose each machine has its niche.

As for me, a 400 pound ATV flipping upside down and landing on me is plenty of weight. I don't need the 700 or 800 pounds of a 1000 cc machine landing on my chest. And yes, I have flipped ATVs and had them land on me. They have landed on my helmet, my back and my legs. Just FYI.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:39 PM   #30
dinkydow

I recently discovered that as my polaris comes on the pipe...it will lift the front wheels right up. Way more power that I thought it had.