Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
Bluntforce
slug

Bart GWACS Lower

Just got a new lower in from Jenks, OK Tulsa suburb. Successor company to Cavalry. Flat Dark Earth, 13" LOP, shot six mags through. Bad double feed due to non-no-tilt follower in Heckler and Koch mag. Mags made in Hartford and Ft. Worth by people who know what Victory tastes like functioned as they were supposed to.

Next week I'll be in Norman getting out shot by farm wives and little kids at the Appleseed I've been talking kaka about.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
cerberus
Dud

Mr Blunt, make sure you have 'tried & true' mags. There's no time for screwing around. Most everything is 'timed'. That DOESN'T mean shootasfastasyoucan.
Google 'rifleman's breath' or 'rifleman's cadence'.
Keep us posted mister. I had a blast.
cerberus
You'll learn a lot more than how to shoot.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:08 PM   #3
Bluntforce
slug

Bought 20 round ProMags for the class. Found out ProMags have bad rep.

Hope they don't embarrass me.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
Bluntforce
slug

Smile

Will be out of communication for a week after class and don't know how to post from phone.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:04 AM   #5
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
Keep us posted mister.
As soon as I get back I'll give a detailed write up. I did the same thing in 2008 when I chronicled the exciting process of getting a CCL in Oklahoma. The chickenshits undercut the reason for it when they rammed through open carry bastardization of it. Now they call it a "Handgun License" which it is not in any form. One is not needed to own a handgun in this state and every last elected ass warming a chair in this state would get rotated out and kicked if they were to try that.

Open carry is a bad joke, accept Constitutional Carry or don't bother. This CF was the deformed child of Brad Henry, an NRA A graded Dem. lying his schmuck ass off about the simple bill not being "clear". Under Mary Fallin we got a Tyrion Lannister level ugly pile of krap. Spawned by the unholy union of Brad Henry being a Communist like every red bastard democrat is and Conocco wanting a work around on a famous case they lost in which they claimed the right to search employees vehicles no matter where they were parked.

First case result: no firearm signs in all but government buildings became irrelevant. Conocco and false conservative Dem. Henry's delayed and deformed manipulation result: no firearms signs mean they can ask you to leave and if you don't you are trespassing. Some places lost business, some places get people acting like free people and not advertising, and sometimes scummy bastards call the police w/o saying anything to those they suspect of carrying, lie to the police about it and are just as often wrong as they are right in the who's carrying lottery.

Anyway, the opportunity to write a lot of crap no one will ever read is something I can't turn down as I would have become a professor if I could only get my head as far up there as the Communist thesis/tenure boards. Writing crap nobody wants to or actually reads is what they live for and would have been my life if I wasn't as irredeemably straight as I am.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:31 AM   #6
Bluntforce
slug

Was incommunoguano for a week like I said I'd be.

The Appleseed shoot went well for everyone but me. Four days before I was bounced over forty miles of washed out dirt roads with no suspension on my arthritic hips. The squat thrust and pretzel bends of the first day after the San Francisco jail house ride of a few days earlier led to an asspocalypse.

I told my friend I would go to the second day and shoot qualification but he decided not to go because he cooked his dumb ass redder than Trotsky's lobster by refusing to wear a hat and he didn't do any of his prep stuff that night.

Going back in October after being on ibuprofen for a week before and not having a post monsoon slay ride across forty miles of assacre. I had stopped taking ibuprofen completely after having lost thirty five pounds and deciding I want my liver and kidneys to work. I don't think either the ride or the class would have wrecked me separately.

I helped somebody move a bunch of furniture this Saturday while I was down there because I'm a genius.

Anyway I'll be forty pounds lighter by then. I should be able to do it all if I want but I may just shoot qualification. Depends how flexible I am.

Pretty sure GWACS got themselves at least two new customers after some of the other people checked out the lower.

I discovered the knee pads got in my way but that probably wouldn't be the case for someone with normal length legs. I found kneeling worked better for me than sitting and that added to the soon discarded knee pads being in the way. I believe it was arthritis acting up that made sitting torture. I was walking around like I'd been hit in the gut and kicked in the groin by the end of the day. Less pre-event abuse and more anti-inflammatory treatment will precede next time.

Carpet scrap I was on ate my elbows because hard shell of tactical elbow pad not conducive to good interface with surface. Will wear long sleeves and light weight gloves next time. Gloves to prevent sunburn, long sleeves to protect forearms from sun and elbows from abrasion. I think bare elbow under sleeve will work better than old style soft elbow pads.

M1, M1A, Mini-14 series with safety in trigger guard and release on right side would have been far more convenient to manipulate while slung/looped to rifle than AR series with bolt release on left side. Yet another endearing quality of having short limbs. If I only shoot qualification I may use my Mini, the thin barrel wouldn't get much chance to heat up and spread.

Until then I'll practice what I learned and try to learn how to play my fiddle.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Great dissertation, and yes I read it all.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #8
Sanders

When you're out of shape, shooting properly will bring out aches and pains you didn't know you had.

It's still a good feeling, though. I hope I can make one of those Appleseed shoots sometime in the near future.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:12 PM   #9
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
Bought 20 round ProMags for the class. Found out ProMags have bad rep.

Hope they don't embarrass me.

Toss them in a dumpster and get some magpuls.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:38 PM   #10
Bluntforce
slug

Bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
Toss them in a dumpster and get some magpuls.
Thought I'd sell them to a pawn shop.