Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Gunsmithing
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-11-2022, 12:58 PM   #1
TheDevilIKnow

Talking What serial numbers would you use on your Ghost Gun

So you have a few lowers you milled out from an 80% kit that you now must serialize. What will you name your guns?

OU812
Pew-ST1CK
45NUM1
TheDevilIKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #2
55chevy

I read early on about this issue and the recommendation was to use ones drivers license number. I don't know what I would do in such a situation.
55chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:50 PM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

A-666. B-666, etc..
Old 04-11-2022, 01:51 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55chevy View Post
I read early on about this issue and the recommendation was to use ones drivers license number. I don't know what I would do in such a situation.
55chevy wouldn't the numbers on the license change though if you moved to another state?
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 02:22 PM   #5
55chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
55chevy wouldn't the numbers on the license change though if you moved to another state?
Yeppers, if one moved the drivers license number would change. What's to keep one from putting the new number on the lower? It is your personal piece is it not to make changes to? I think the assumption was one would not be moving from the state one was currently in.
55chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:44 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55chevy View Post
Yeppers, if one moved the drivers license number would change. What's to keep one from putting the new number on the lower? It is your personal piece is it not to make changes to? I think the assumption was one would not be moving from the state one was currently in.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:57 PM   #7
RetVet
Statistical Error

Can someone point me to the written regulation that states a home built firearm MUST be marked with an identifying number.

Everything I've ever built was done on FFL purchased receiver with the exception of a 1919a4 which I stamped on the inside of the side plate with a build date and part of my name. The outside was engraved with original markings to which I added a stamped serial number matching the top cover serial number.

I made a number of AK receivers from flats, but never used one as I acquired "store bought" receivers for a good price and ended up not needing them. AR receivers are too much a pain in the ass to mill out unless you have a milling machine. Again, I see 80% lowers selling for the same or more than a complete receiver, so why bother unless you want an unmarked build.

This is all about the fucking Fed wanting to micromanage what you own, making another buck off you through taxes and the required background check crap, and placing another road block in front of the honest citizens.

Fuck you Biden and all you liberal faggots.

I
Old 04-11-2022, 04:21 PM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
Can someone point me to the written regulation that states a home built firearm MUST be marked with an identifying number.

Everything I've ever built was done on FFL purchased receiver with the exception of a 1919a4 which I stamped on the inside of the side plate with a build date and part of my name. The outside was engraved with original markings to which I added a stamped serial number matching the top cover serial number.

I made a number of AK receivers from flats, but never used one as I acquired "store bought" receivers for a good price and ended up not needing them. AR receivers are too much a pain in the ass to mill out unless you have a milling machine. Again, I see 80% lowers selling for the same or more than a complete receiver, so why bother unless you want an unmarked build.

This is all about the fucking Fed wanting to micromanage what you own, making another buck off you through taxes and the required background check crap, and placing another road block in front of the honest citizens.

Fuck you Biden and all you liberal faggots.

I

Technically RetVet now not saying by any means you are. But if you build and sell you need a FFL license.
But the law gets fuddy because you ARE allowed to sell guns from 'your' collection to 'enhance' your collection. Ones you built? guys who know would have to answer?
Is it not kind of funny how we 'LEGAL GUN OWNERS' work our asses off to stay legal yet we watch our politicians break the damn law every other day.
Old 04-11-2022, 05:47 PM   #9
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Technically RetVet now not saying by any means you are. But if you build and sell you need a FFL license.
But the law gets fuddy because you ARE allowed to sell guns from 'your' collection to 'enhance' your collection. Ones you built? guys who know would have to answer?
Is it not kind of funny how we 'LEGAL GUN OWNERS' work our asses off to stay legal yet we watch our politicians break the damn law every other day.
Back when I was building stuff the understanding was a home built on a home built receiver was for personal ownership only and you were prohibited from selling it because of the reason you state, you would need a manufacturer FFL and pay the government their tax cut. I have no intention of selling anything let alone a home built even if I built it with a receiver purchased through an FFL.

I've always gone above and beyond to be complient to include documentation for anything built whose design might need ATF tech branch approval.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:40 PM   #10
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilIKnow View Post
So you have a few lowers you milled out from an 80% kit that you now must serialize. What will you name your guns?

OU812
Pew-ST1CK
45NUM1
At this stage (if I were REQUIRED to serialize home built firearms), they'd be numbered.......

FJB 01
FJB 02.......etc....

With a big middle finger stamped at the end of the serial number.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:45 AM   #11
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

RULE-303
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:26 AM   #12
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilIKnow View Post

OU812
Pew-ST1CK
45NUM1
How long you been with the ATF?

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 06:50 PM   #13
gunkgy

FATF0001
FATF0002
---
Old 04-28-2022, 02:06 PM   #14
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Spinz

Sn: OICU812
FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote