Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Default Remington Model 11

Today, at the annual family Thanksgiving gathering, my brother presented me with my Dad's (it was my Grandfathers until he gave it to my Dad), Remington Model 11, 12 gauge shotgun.

It's in pretty good condition. No rust or corrosion, 100% functional and 100% intact (all original parts), and bluing is still very good but, the finish on the stock and forearm is worn.

I'm not looking to refinish the stock and forearm. I'm just gonna clean it and hunt with it occasionally.

I remember a few years ago, on the Remington website, one could look up info to see when their Model 11 was made, based on the serial number. That info is no longer on their website (that I could find).

Any idea where one could look to find out what year(s), any particular serial numbered group of Model 11's were made?

Thanks!
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

If it was made after 1920 you can figure it out from this chart. It's based on some letters stamped into the barrel, not the serial number.

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun%...date_code.html
Old 11-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #3
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #4
smithy72

Very cool old gun, enjoy it!
smithy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
Sanders

I have my great-uncle's that he carried in the Korean war. They were issued in WW2, complete with the engravings on the side plates.

It's a sweet shooter unless you take it apart and put the ring on upsidedown. Then it will kick like a mule. Don't know why it does, but it you'll know it if you put it together wrong.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #6
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Yep. It'll kick like a mule and possibly not eject the spent shell.

I found this on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4enrfc-ZA

I took this one apart and the rings were installed 'wrong'. I put 'em in the way they're supposed to be (per the video). It's supposed to be fairly warm here this weekend and if I get a chance, I'll take it out and feed a few rounds through it.

Time to do this may be short though..... There's a hell of a sale on DPMS 'Oracle' AR's 100 miles away. From what I understand, they have A LOT of them. They're priced at $369 each. I'll buy 2 if they still have them when I get there Friday.