Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #16
Silver Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin50 View Post
I would like to ask if anyone would like to discuss or share their belief in the "Rapture" versus the second coming of Jesus. Rapture from what I believe is where most Christians believe that they will be gone before the chaos begins. I will start I am not pro rapture ....
The so-called, 'Rapture' is a creation of the imagination of John Darby, an Anglican minister of the Church of Ireland, as well as an occasional Irish barrister. In 1830, or thereabouts, Darby fastened upon I Thessalonians 4:15-17 as the foundational scripture for his rapture theory. That scripture is, unquestionably, abstruse; and, consequently, open to varied interpretation. It reads:

Quote:
'For this we say to you by the word of The Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of The Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For The Lord, Himself, will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet The Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with The Lord.'
Exactly how Darby got, 'the Rapture' out of this text is beyond this simple bible-reading Christian's mind? Neither does Darby's, 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card agree with the Apostle John's more straightforward and relevant prophesy recorded in Revelation 3:8-13. It reads:

Quote:
'Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man might succeed in taking away thy crown.'
There is no, 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card; neither is there going to be. Speaking personally, I'm much more inclined to agree with Sir Isaac Newton's prognostications about Christ's Second Coming than I ever might be with John Darby's muddled religious rambling. (Kind 'a like Disneyland for timorous Christian Fundamentalists!)
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote