Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2016, 12:42 AM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Question Anyone shoot a S&W .380 Bodygurad?

Thinking about buying one? Anyone own or ever shoot one of these? Reviews seem to be pretty good on them? Small compact and light but I don't always trust the reviews.
Or any other ideas in one about this size I am not set on this one? Only want double action no safety on the trigger.
Thank you in advance.

Gun Review: S&W’s Pocket Protector, the M&P Bodyguard 380 - See more at: http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/...odyguard-380-1
Old 11-19-2016, 04:36 AM   #2
baboon
slug

Personally I wouldn't buy a S&W that was made after the late 70's!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:33 AM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Personally I wouldn't buy a S&W that was made after the late 70's!
Any ideas on a good small .380 like the size of that one boon? Sucks buying a pistol then finding out the bad side of it once yah own it. Not to worried about the price I want it reliable.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:57 AM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I would forget the idea of a .380 and get a 9mm. Maybe a S&W Shield or Glock 26.

If you want something really small check out the Ruger LC9.

The LC9 is just slightly bigger than the .380 model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ga_rugers-lcd_A.jpg (99.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
I would forget the idea of a .380 and get a 9mm. Maybe a S&W Shield or Glock 26.

If you want something really small check out the Ruger LC9.
Interesting you post that Pogo as my neighbor has an LC9 and I just fired it across the street here and that is what got my attention on a small light carry weapon Nice little accurate shooting weapon. Of interest also is I had a bit of a problem ejecting the magazine it required quite a good push on the button. But the article does mention Ruger is working on that.

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/ru...second-review/
Old 11-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #6
Railbuggy

I started with a KelTec P-32 in 2004 when Ohio permitted CC. I moved up to a PF-9, then a P-11 that I still carry. The P-11 can use S&W 59/69 series magazines.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #7
Sanders

The only .380 I've really messed with to any degree, is the Keltec P3AT. I carried it around in the front pocket of my Wranglers for a couple years before I gave it to my daughter.

I had it in an Old Man Oaks (I think that was the name) pocket holster. It had a leather backing on it that looked like I was carrying my wallet in my front pocket.

It is not a target pistol. In fact, it is loud as hell and the recoil can be pretty snappy. If you miss the bad guy, but are close enough, you can kick him as he lays on the ground holding his bleeding ears.

I believe Ruger copied their design, making just enough changes to avoid a patent infringement.

I don't recall any stoppages with that pistol. I bet I put close to 1,000 rounds through it before the cost of .380 went through the roof. The main reason I purchased it was the cost of ammo at the time. The .380 ACP factory ammo was $4.00/50, so I figured it would be a nice inexpensive centerfire pistol. And it was until everyone discovered .380, and drove up the price to .45 ACP levels.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:06 PM   #8
kostner

4th you might find this video of interest on your new pocket pistol. Look like a fine everyday carry. Carried a SW442 in my front pocket for over twenty five years and the real beauty if I was wearing pants I was armed. https://youtu.be/fzSS9GzEBd4
kostner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:14 AM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

I have an older PPK/s which I haven't even shot yet. got it cheap, they are prone to jamming if you don't keep that ramp polished, also there is a small ejector lever on the side where the factory grease hardens up, they need a good cleaning and oiling. once you get all the gremlins out they are pretty good.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:54 AM   #10
dhr
Banned

I can highly recommend the Walther PPK/s in .380 as a carry weapon, though I would recommend one that's in the 15 - 20 year old range...but, you know, only shot on Sunday's by a little old lady (nicely maintained).

Only concern I've found with mine is being a bit careful of slide bite.

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” -Lord Byron
dhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:28 AM   #11
4thIDvet
slug

Great info guys keep it coming.
So many choices in a small carry out their. It seems the companies have really listened to demand from the public. Smallest weapon I presently own is a Colt Special Agent .45. Just one super accurate nice weapon in my .02.
New trigger system and spring in it which brought it down to 3 1/2 lb. pull. Dang problem down here in warm weather Florida is carry and conceal. I have conceal holsters but still a bit of a pain.
Checking out the Sneaky Pete holsters. Thank yall for the input keep em coming please.

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/
Old 11-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #12
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Any ideas on a good small .380 like the size of that one boon? Sucks buying a pistol then finding out the bad side of it once yah own it. Not to worried about the price I want it reliable.
I like my S&W 49 .38 Special bodyguard!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #13
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Some of the 'banned' "Saturday Night Specials" were excellent defense firearms.
And, because of their small size they were also easily concealed.
From a .22 to a .38, could be bought for less than $100.00 everywhere.

Gunmakers were mostly responsible for having them banned too.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #14
cerberus
Dud

[QUOTE=4thIDvet;1322051] Dang problem down here in warm weather Florida is carry and conceal. I have conceal holsters but still a bit of a pain. [QUOTE]
Mr. 4th, I live about 2 1/2-3 hours south of you so i know about the warm weather. I used to carry a 5-shot 357 with 125gr hollow points. My grandsons, my dog and I got attacked by 2 pitbulls. I sent my guys up a rubber tree while I danced with the mutts. After 8-10 minutes and 4 bites, I figured I got to end this. Sent a 125gr pellet under the lead dog's eye, through the head and down the neck into the body. No exit wound. This dog took the full energy dump from a 357mag and it didn't even buckle it's knees. Kind of rotated his head like he had a stiff neck and just walked away.
TIME TO 'UP-ARMOR' as they say on the TV. Have carried one of my STAR-PDs ever since. First time in 40 years I was scared. Really didn't like the feeling.
Moral of the story; don't let comfort dictate what you carry. What you carry is suppose to be COMFORTING, not COMFORTABLE.
Stay healthy.
Cerberus
PS The only thing the S&W has going for it is that it's not striker-fired.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote