Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #31
cheezytwang
Gunsmith

well done buzgun! i am jealous!

Get ready.
cheezytwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:28 AM   #32
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
buzgun do you have a close up pic of the trip mechanism and all the small parts installed, also curious about the trip hammer pin, I know the trip housing olds one end of the pin is the other end supported by a hole drilled in the modified rail?

Panecea : i have a set of blue prints that came with my receiver kit, i took photos of the trigger housing mech. but my computer got FUKed up when i let my ex-girlfriend use it , i will look for it.

Basically it is a scaled down M1 carbine trigger housing that fits inside the left rail , a fellow with machining skillz like U probably could do a bit of re-designing and make it more "robust" as the weak part of the design is a very small .035 thous. thick hammer spring that could use a bit of strengthening IMO , as if U do not have all the components 100% "fitted" and mated the hammer spring will not release the firing pin striker and the gun wont shoot reliably.

If U are going to go ahead and use the "stock" JRW design and not make any mods. , i can give U a few tips to make it a bit more reliable , as i had to "tweak" mine.

The hammer trips a spring loaded lever that is inside a "striker" block that screws on the back of the bolt.

Im sure U know this but it is hard to describe this complicated thing over the internet.

Last edited by buzgun; 09-18-2006 at 04:59 AM.
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:39 AM   #33
buzgun
slug

On the "trip hammer pin" the rail does not hold the pin , what i did on those was use a mini-lathe and turn 2 pins and made one side of the pin a button head shape to look like a rivet head- this end of the pin goes through the sheet metal channel , the other end of the pin i grooved for a small E-clip this end goes inside the receiver and the E-clip is on the inside of the Trigger housing (the photo of the part U posted on gunco).

U could TIG weld the hammer & 2nd. trigger pins onto the trigger housing , i chose to make some pins that looked like the rivet heads that are on along the outside of the 60 receiver channel purely for cosmetics.

How many of the component parts are U going to fabricate yourself ?

I put about 1000 rounds through mine so far , it gets ALOT of attention , some negative.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #34
panaceabeachbum

I have the JRW plans with mine also but I just didnt see anything detailing where the other side of the pins were supported. Lots of hand drawings and sketches with notes etc. I have drawn all the parts in acad and plan to machine them all myself. So far I have the sear and trip housing done, should have the secondary trigger and trip hammer done today
Old 09-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #35
buzgun
slug

OK Panecea , i found my photos , I have alot more so if you want something specific I will help a brutha out.

You can see the JRW rails and how they differ from the full auto , also U can see how the 2 hammer 2ndary trigger pins that i turned to look like rivet heads stick through the sheetmetal channel ant into the trigger housing.

Also a photo of the gun "cocked" and U can see the springloaded striker (silver thing) sticking out of the back of the bolt block.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #36
buzgun
slug

On the internal secondary trigger with the modified M1 carbine sear , the blue print is OK , but you will have to modify the "tail" ( the part that holds the return spring) JRW changed the dimension , U just TIG weld build up the bottom of the tail and re-grind it so there is enough travel for the trigger pull.

Don't use 01 OIL hardening for any of the parts that need to be welded that SHT gets like glass when U weld on it and breaks.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #37
buzgun
slug

Here are a few more pix of the internals , i have some extra parts with mine if U need specific dimensions i can provide.

U can see the "weak link" in this design in the below photo the .035 thous. "square spring wire" hammer spring.

Most of the internal parts were made from 86-20 and case hardened , IMO this is a good metal because the core remains soft and some of these parts are thin in stress areas.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #38
panaceabeachbum

excelent pics, they speak volumes thanks , more questions to come I am sure
panaceabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #39
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Buz;

I have an NOS M-4 pedestal if you are interested in it. This is the pedestal that mounts between the front seats in a mutt. I think I also have a cradle to go with the pedestal.

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #40
panaceabeachbum

buzgun your inbox is full
panaceabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #41
buzgun
slug

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176
Buz;

I have an NOS M-4 pedestal if you are interested in it. This is the pedestal that mounts between the front seats in a mutt. I think I also have a cradle to go with the pedestal.

Thanks Horse , I just bought a M122 tripod and a platform pintle that i am going to fabricate a mount that a shooter can walk up to and shoot without crouching down.

But thanks for thinking about me!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #42
buzgun
slug

Here the whole thing :

Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #43
eldogg
just another member

that brings back memories.......looks real good .
Old 09-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #44
Cephus
The OLD COOT one and only

I'll bet them memories ain't all good either !!!!!

Nice Buz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS BLOOD

Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #45
Gus

You do good work buz ... the tripod was the finishing touch. Bet those chi town liberals would surrender like the french if they knew you had that.:lol
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote