Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #46
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I carry a Case pocket knife. And I have a few different hunting knives. I've got several automatic knives in my collection, but I don't see any reason to carry them.

Then I've got my stag handled damascus blade bowie knife for my cowboy gear.

You can see it's size by comparing it to a K-Bar.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #47
ColdSteel762
Minister of Tar&Feathers

You can get into real trouble for carrying automatic knives.

Damascus steel is real classy.
ColdSteel762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #48
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
I had the same "Weak Hand" problem when using two .44 mags.
I was bound and determined to have the ability.
Well, to make a long story short, NO factory loads, in the weak hand.
But when I reduced charges, for accuracy and comfort, I saw considerable improvement.
Yep! That's what I'm afraid of, no good way to get a significantly reduced charge in a 1911 that I know of, but I'm really keeping an eye out for that new Charter that supposedly takes .45 acp. I think I'd feel right comfy with a pair of those. I just purely hate adding another cartridge else I'd just get a pair of Charter .44's and call it good.

Should have never sold my 625 but with the move, I couldn't pass up the $450 profit. Dumb!

Pogo I've looked (lightly) for a Cowboy Action Shooting group near me. no luck so far. If I took the rear sight off my 4 5/8 SBH's could I join?

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #49
ColdSteel762
Minister of Tar&Feathers

Anyone have one of these?

Russian Spetznaz ballistic knife

My old lady saw one on a TV show a little while ago and wants one pretty bad-I told her its prolly HIGHLY illegal and most likely EXPENSIVE,if not hard to find.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #50
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Knife throwing?

Like strip mall ""Martial Arts" good exercise but in the harsh light of reality ... ummm ... nope!

BTDT, killed a rabbit or two, lost a knife or too (cheap 7' blade American pattern butchers throw well), and finally gave it up as being real unproductive.

Better use the knife to whittle a sharp stick and use that.

Or stick with traps and snares, you'll eat more regular that way.

As far as throwing a knife away in a fight ....

Regards,
Old 05-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #51
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post
Yep! That's what I'm afraid of, no good way to get a significantly reduced charge in a 1911 that I know of, but I'm really keeping an eye out for that new Charter that supposedly takes .45 acp. I think I'd feel right comfy with a pair of those. I just purely hate adding another cartridge else I'd just get a pair of Charter .44's and call it good.

Should have never sold my 625 but with the move, I couldn't pass up the $450 profit. Dumb!

Pogo I've looked (lightly) for a Cowboy Action Shooting group near me. no luck so far. If I took the rear sight off my 4 5/8 SBH's could I join?

Regards,

Yeah, I suppose if you took the adjustable sights off it would be OK. The rules I believe just say you can't have adjustable sights. I wouldn't think they would be so picky that someone would complain about about it. At least unless you started beating everyone.

You will be amazed how good some of those top SASS competitors are. They eat, sleep, and breathe Cowboy Action Shooting. The average to good shooter with a modern firearm wouldn't stand a chance against those guys in a shoot out.

My Vaqueros have 5 1/2" barrels.

Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #52
ColdSteel762
Minister of Tar&Feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post
Knife throwing?

Like strip mall ""Martial Arts" good exercise but in the harsh light of reality ... ummm ... nope!

BTDT, killed a rabbit or two, lost a knife or too (cheap 7' blade American pattern butchers throw well), and finally gave it up as being real unproductive.

Better use the knife to whittle a sharp stick and use that.

Or stick with traps and snares, you'll eat more regular that way.

As far as throwing a knife away in a fight ....

Regards,
I took up knife throwing maybe 10 years ago as an enjoyable way to warm up the shoulders before lifting weights.
Rotator cuff injury can hobble a man for life.
I like to throw underhand with both arms till my shoulders feel nice and limber.
Some people see me doing it in my 'hood and think its a 'combat skill'.

Shows what they know.

I suppose I could accomplish the same goal with a baseball or a shot put-but nothing beats that 'thunk' when the point hits home.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #53
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

yup, that would be the way to go, pogo I really like my wife's Uberti in 45, but I know they all have the same problems as the originals, I think the new Vaqueros in an Artillery length barrel would be just the ticket, along with vastly improved durability.

Then a couple of hundred bucks in leather and I'd be all set to go out and make a fool out of myself, but ... wouldn't be the first time.

And the guys involved wouldn't surprise me at all, I remember the 'leatherslapping' days of the fifties, those guys were incredible.

Then Cpt Cooper and a couple other guys did some demos shooting 1911's, some lessons were learned, and the practice of cocking at the beginning of the draw became common, (fitted steel lined holsters with room enough for the cylinder to turn), so did healthy guys with significant and noticeable limps.

And FWIW I totally agree that the best of the Cowboy Action shooters would best the vast majority of modern shooters in an old west (hollywood shoot out).

The whole 'Weaver or Isosceles and always use your sights" fad would guarantee that.

Well, jmho as always.

Regards,
Old 05-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #54
ColdSteel762
Minister of Tar&Feathers

Careful now-

Some of these 'new fellers' are actually realizing that point shooting has merit-

Of course,theres also alot of naysayers still,and the ones that see the value in being able to hit what they're aiming at naturally without having to sight in also blend in sighted fire,calling it a 'continuum'.
I call it common sense.
You should be able to naturally point your weapon,and you should be able to use the sights.
One of my favorite drills is a fast draw from strong side IWB holster to a low point shooting position for two shots to center mass,followed by a sighted shot to the head.
Thats my version of the Mozambique.
Its fast,and it puts lead on target.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #55
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

My Vaqueros are the old style. They are the ones that can handle the Magnum loads. The new style Vaqueros are just about as strong as the Colts and the Italian clones. And Ruger doesn't make the new style Vaqueros in .44 Magnum. They only make them in .45 Long Colt and .357 Magnum. And you better not "hop up" your .45 Long Colt in that new Vaquero.

In that I have big hands, the old style Vaqueros fit me better anyway.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote