Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #31
Sanders

So this is pretty much a prototype? What do you mean have to wait?

I want in nowwwwww!

Seriously, how do I get on the list? Is it the insert and the upper?

I really like the idea of building an AR pistol in .45 ACP. Then I could use an 8" bbl.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:49 AM   #32
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
So this is pretty much a prototype? What do you mean have to wait?

I want in nowwwwww!

Seriously, how do I get on the list? Is it the insert and the upper?

I really like the idea of building an AR pistol in .45 ACP. Then I could use an 8" bbl.
Gibs me dat, I wants it now..
I got the tax stamped shorty. Guess what I am saying is their is some tweaking, small, one has to do for proper firing. Take the weights out of the buffer, possibly cut a few coils of the spring?
Damn, were going into our second day of rain, no test fire yet. Jim at Tactical Machine "AR lowers" is just a bit away from me.. Think that is his name? So I can head over their and work with those guys if any problems arise, not saying they will.
Let me test fire this one, I don't want the crew storming my house.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #33
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Gibs me dat, I wants it now..
I got the tax stamped shorty. Guess what I am saying is their is some tweaking, small, one has to do for proper firing. Take the weights out of the buffer, possibly cut a few coils of the spring?
Damn, were going into our second day of rain, no test fire yet. Jim at Tactical Machine "AR lowers" is just a bit away from me.. Think that is his name? So I can head over their and work with those guys if any problems arise, not saying they will.
Let me test fire this one, I don't want the crew storming my house.
Answer sorry, yes.. Insert and upper.. Your lower, H&K mags, good to go.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #34
4thIDvet
slug

Test fire range report in..

- 10 rounds re-loads, flawless.
- Bolt did not hold back last round, needs some tweaking. I can live with that.
- Noise. Half that of a .45 acp pistol.. Almost sounds like a .22. With a can on it, bet close to silence..
- Accuracy? No sights yet..
- Do I like it? Yup..
Old 03-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #35
buzgun
slug

Question

do you have your own shooting range 4th?
Old 03-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #36
Mad Machinist

Just thought I'd drop in and answer a few questions.....with the shorter barrels it needs to be snugged into the shoulder to cycle properly but it ran flawlessly for me , (we were having a ball shooting it as it was the first one I was gonna ship out with the adaptor)....and the spring on the mag could need to be stretched a little.
I've been building these for years....several hundred out there, standard build is a 16 inch flat top and will run on a CNC Guns AR45 lower...a GWACS Cav MkII with a Hahn adaptor (both from Grease gun mags) and the USC mag well adaptor that 4th posted. It is the only thing that is really a protoype....the upper has a proven track record and runs ball very well.
Oh...it isn't blow back either...it uses a locking bolt just like a 5.56 AR.

Ar pistols in 45 are still a work in progress...I have one here running with the adaptor but it won't lock back...I can shoulder the tube and it will , shooting like a pistol it won't. It is better as I have installed a titanium bolt carrier.....and am working on a dedicated captured spring recoil mechinism for pistols. but pretty much 10 inch and longer in a carbine is all I am comfortable shipping with the adaptor. NOw...on the AR45 lower...I have a 5 inch barrel upper running...;-) as the mag is much further forward in the magwell.
Let me know if I can hep ya on one.
Rudy
Mad Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:34 PM   #37
4thIDvet
slug

buz.. Florida passed a law, we can shoot all day long on our own residential property..
http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/790.15

As they wrote it, the law says no shooting near public paved roads.. But reading further into it, we can shoot all day long on private property.. Residential A.O.s not in city limits.
Antis are having a conniption fit down here. Frig em.. L.O.s came and told us to keep shooting.. Just set up a safe backstop.. We are still responsible for our bullets. Common sense hopefully prevails..
ADD: Yes buz, my neighbors 5 acres across the road.. and a 1/2 million acres of National Forest behind that..

Rudy. Welcome too the forum.. Thank you.. Guys been asking, glad you showed up..
Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #38
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
buz.. Florida passed a law, we can shoot all day long on our own residential property..
http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/790.15

As they wrote it, the law says no shooting near public paved roads.. But reading further into it, we can shoot all day long on private property.. Residential A.O.s not in city limits.
Antis are having a conniption fit down here. Frig em.. L.O.s came and told us to keep shooting.. Just set up a safe backstop.. We are still responsible for our bullets. Common sense hopefully prevails..
ADD: Yes buz, my neighbors 5 acres across the road.. and a 1/2 million acres of National Forest behind that..

Rudy. Welcome too the forum.. Thank you.. Guys been asking, glad you showed up..
Cool!!!...i have only been to Miami and Ft Lauderdale and based on that area i thought every scrap of land in FL. was developed into a shopping mall or residential neighborhood....not much open woods in that part of the state.
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #39
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
Cool!!!...i have only been to Miami and Ft Lauderdale and based on that area i thought every scrap of land in FL. was developed into a shopping mall or residential neighborhood....not much open woods in that part of the state.
buz. Were 90% rural with 90% of the popluation living down by aviator and along the coasts..
Orange juice and cattle..Rattle snakes, black bears, wild hogs and Boa constrictors.. Gun friendly and now we can shoot all day long in our own yards.. Long live Florida..
Old 03-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #40
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Quote:
That is ideal!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #41
Mad Machinist

Just thought I'd post a few more AR45 pics....

Mad Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #42
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
buz. Were 90% rural with 90% of the popluation living down by aviator and along the coasts..
Orange juice and cattle..Rattle snakes, black bears, wild hogs and Boa constrictors.. Gun friendly and now we can shoot all day long in our own yards.. Long live Florida..
Many moons ago all I had to do was to get off SR826 west of the airport and shoot....now civilization extends all the way to the Everglades where you can't even shoot anymore. Welcome to South Flarda.

By the way, nice work Mad Machinist and welcome to our humble corner of the internet.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:53 AM   #43
Sanders

Local shop is having a sale on Spike's Tactical stripped lowers - $100 out the door.

So, I have my lower - where's my .45 upper and insert?
Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #44
4thIDvet
slug

Default Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Local shop is having a sale on Spike's Tactical stripped lowers - $100 out the door.

So, I have my lower - where's my .45 upper and insert?
Spikes factory is a short drive south of me.. Tactical Machine is a few miles to my east.. Oh God not good for the wallet..
Few problems with my P-mag not feeding this AR.. Think? I bent the damn spring taking it apart? Tactical and Rudy are friends.. Will go too Tactical tomorrow and see what the hell is going on?
Not the weapon, I screwed up something..
Old 03-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #45
Sanders

I handled an Olympic Arms .45 ACP carbine in a fun store, today, when I went in to get a couple more of those Spike's lowers before the sale is over and a new false flag event happens.

Anyway, it had a polymer Olympic .45 magazine, but the guys said they also use modified Sten and Uzi mags for it.

I wasn't too impressed with it, as much as I like the above examples with the inserts.