Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Knives
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Knives Discussion about knives

Old 01-26-2024, 11:45 PM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up Found the sharpening stone for Air Force survival knives.

I am not really a knife collector but somehow over the years amassed a collection of military knives. Several AF pilots knives. Prices are going up on them but to be complete they need that small sharpening stone.
Ontario knives stopped selling them and I searched for an hour and found this one from China.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35513209976...Cclp%3A2508507

They warned it takes about over a month for delivery but I was just happy to find it. Converted centimeter to inches 1 cm.= .393701 inches.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30490459557...RoCnSwQAvD_BwE

Now who does not want a fighter jet pilots survival knife. You can feel the need for speed and soon as you pick it up.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:45 PM   #2
Sanders

I lost mine a while back, and have bought a few little ones I saw at hardware stores, but none fit the pocket of the survival knife pouch.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 12:54 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30490459557...RoCnSwQAvD_BwE

Now who does not want a fighter jet pilots survival knife. You can feel the need for speed and soon as you pick it up.
Me wants one. The Bolt handle knife .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/35539171508...Bk9SR4CF7cCpYw

Old 01-27-2024, 01:59 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I lost mine a while back, and have bought a few little ones I saw at hardware stores, but none fit the pocket of the survival knife pouch.
According to the math the one in my link will fit. Only thing is that damn E-Bay and their Chinese connection. Over a month wait from China. One of the big knife companies sold them but no more.
Check the price of AK bayonets? Holy sheet I have not looked for years and you have to re-mortgage the house for one. now.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 02:10 PM   #5
Sanders

Quote:
According to the math the one in my link will fit. Only thing is that damn E-Bay and their Chinese connection. Over a month wait from China. One of the big knife companies sold them but no more.
Check the price of AK bayonets? Holy sheet I have not looked for years and you have to re-mortgage the house for one. now.
They must be on the slow boat. I've bought things on e-bay that were delivered in 2 days - from Hong Kong.

Remember when they were pretty much giving away the AK bayonets? You'd get one included with your order from several of the gun parts houses - back when AK kits were $45-$100.
Old 01-27-2024, 11:15 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
They must be on the slow boat. I've bought things on e-bay that were delivered in 2 days - from Hong Kong.

Remember when they were pretty much giving away the AK bayonets? You'd get one included with your order from several of the gun parts houses - back when AK kits were $45-$100.
I remember when AK kits were well under a hundred $$ and if yah bought two you got a free Suomi or whatever the hay they called them.
I used to torment the Chineman over on Gunco. He would post a good deal from Apex or someone and I posted thank you I bought them all.
"You no good I hate you 4th."

Polish AKM Type II Bayonet
Availability: In Stock
AUD$145.00

https://www.lawranceordnance.com/def...i-bayonet.html

Lot of dealers are out of stock. Check E-Bay holy sheet I could not believe the prices.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:55 AM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Romanian Bakelite Wirecutter Bayonet & Scabbard Type l Complete
Pre-owned
$125.00
+ $18.50 shipping
Seller with a 100% positive feedback

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166435482335

Romanian $143.50 with shipping and I stopped buying years back when they went to around $25.00.
Places are showing out of stock? Either they stopped importing or the Ukrainian's and the Ruskies are all stabbing each other with them?
Old 01-28-2024, 06:30 AM   #8
Sanders

Quote:
Romanian Bakelite Wirecutter Bayonet & Scabbard Type l Complete
Pre-owned
$125.00
+ $18.50 shipping
Seller with a 100% positive feedback

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166435482335

Romanian $143.50 with shipping and I stopped buying years back when they went to around $25.00.
Places are showing out of stock? Either they stopped importing or the Ukrainian's and the Ruskies are all stabbing each other with them?
I only wish I'd bought a couple leather belt frogs for mine. Even then, they cost the same as the bayonet, which is probably why I never got any.
Old 01-28-2024, 10:18 AM   #9
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

I have a USAF Camillus survival knife and leather scabbard with an interesting story. It was owned and carried by a Lt Col in the Green Berets while he was stationed in Vietnam from 1963 through 1969. He never married and basically lived over there all those years & learned to speak fluent Vietnamese. His nephew was one of my best buddies in HS and I came to know "Uncle Joe" quite well. He also carried a Chicom 7.62x25 Tokarev in a shoulder holster back then and continued to long after he got out of the Army and came back to the States. He was one of a kind and one of the most patriotic men I've ever met.

I somehow ended up with his knife sometime in the late 70's when I was doing a lot of camping & backpacking and would carry it on my belt. I told my friend just this past year I still had his uncle's knife and would return it to him if he liked.

And yes, it still has the well-worn sharpening stone in the scabbard.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote