Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 12-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #1
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Bart Apple sued after it admits to slowing down older iPhones

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/22/appl...r-iphones.html

Quote:
...On Wednesday, the U.S. technology giant said that it has algorithms in place to help keep an iPhone running at optimal performance if there is an older battery inside that can't keep up with the required power. The aim is to stop unexpected shutdowns of older iPhones and keep them running to the best possible standard.
Could be just what Apple said, or it could be suit worthy, especially if you don't give them permission, via contract or otherwise.

They started with the non-replacable batteries quite a while ago, and the other companies have now followed suit. As batteries age, they do lose their ability to charge to original specifications, so they may just be doing a service, whether it's perceived good or bad.

Could be too, the suit originator is simply a whining liberal pile of crap that would sue just for getting it's feelings hurt...

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
RetVet
Statistical Error

Every liberal I'm stuck working around uses an Apple which is reason alone for me to never buy one.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:39 AM   #3
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

Apple has been very, very good to me.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

I use the blender and make apple sauce out of my apples.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:20 AM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

You can replace the batteries in the IPhone yourself if you have good eyes. Not a big deal.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Apple has been very, very good to me.
Me too, really no problems with them.

You know what they say...an apple a day...
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
Every liberal I'm stuck working around uses an Apple which is reason alone for me to never buy one.
This last trade-in, I went from a Samsung S4 to an iPhone 7 Plus and have regretted it since. Next trade-in I'm going back to Samsung, as they're a much more capable unit. My Princess got the Samsung S8 + and after a week or so, I realized I should have gone that way, too.

Brian
Old 12-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #8
buzgun
slug

I can now blame apple for what i thought was my own stupidity in operating my old iphone.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #9
slug

I like my iPhone

Most of the time that I'm

on the net, that is what I use...

I don't even know what model

it is though
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #10
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
This last trade-in, I went from a Samsung S4 to an iPhone 7 Plus and have regretted it since. Next trade-in I'm going back to Samsung, as they're a much more capable unit. My Princess got the Samsung S8 + and after a week or so, I realized I should have gone that way, too.

Brian
I don't do trade-ins, I always buy my phones outright. Started with an IPhone4, and the wife eventually got a 5, about a year later she wanted a 6 for better pictures so I kept the 5, last year the daughter wanted a 7 so I kept her 6. I like it, I have no problems, I did replace the battery a few months ago, works very well. I have Sprint, grandfathered into a plan that gives me 4 lines for $100 unlimited text and voice, 10Gig data, which we never go that high all 4 lines combined. So rather than mess with the plan I just go to Sprint online and order a new phone, outright purchase and I get it delivered within a couple days, then I do the transfer myself. My daughter was complaining about slow data so I told her to do a Network System Reset, problem solved. I like IPhones, they are handy and perform well for me.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #11
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I don't do trade-ins, I always buy my phones outright. Started with an IPhone4, and the wife eventually got a 5, about a year later she wanted a 6 for better pictures so I kept the 5, last year the daughter wanted a 7 so I kept her 6. I like it, I have no problems, I did replace the battery a few months ago, works very well. I have Sprint, grandfathered into a plan that gives me 4 lines for $100 unlimited text and voice, 10Gig data, which we never go that high all 4 lines combined. So rather than mess with the plan I just go to Sprint online and order a new phone, outright purchase and I get it delivered within a couple days, then I do the transfer myself. My daughter was complaining about slow data so I told her to do a Network System Reset, problem solved. I like IPhones, they are handy and perform well for me.
We generally don't trade in, neither, but we took a good offer that worked out well, financially.

Brian
Old 12-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #12
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

I have the fruit salad 7 phone for work and a cheap android as my personal.

I'll take the cheap android any day of the week.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:52 PM   #13
4thIDvet
slug

I think Bears and myself are the only ones here with the old flipper antique phone? Oh they did something to my reception I have to climb a pine tree now to send or receive.
AT&T stopped begging me to get rid of it. Now their offering me a FREE phone of my choice and a round the world FREE cruise if I turn it in.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #14
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
I think Bears and myself are the only ones here with the old flipper antique phone?
Nope, I still just use one of those old dumb phones, too.
Just never saw any need for all those extra fancy features.
Eightball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #15
Railbuggy

I have a cheap android with cricket. Sometimes it don't ring when I have a incoming call. I suspect they are doing this to get me to upgrade. Phone was bought about three years ago.