Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-24-2021, 11:23 PM   #31
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Has the gun community succumbed to political correctness? I've always heard, "In the waistband-with-no-holster-carry" called "Mexican carry".
That's pretty much all I've ever heard it called also.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:47 AM   #32
Bluntforce
slug

Sambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Gaining firearms proficiency is racist and white supremacist.
Sign me up.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #33
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Has the gun community succumbed to political correctness? I've always heard, "In the waistband-with-no-holster-carry" called "Mexican carry".
Don't if this is true or not, but I've heard this is from many moons ago when the Mexican government prohibited their people from carrying firearms. The handguns back then were full sized revolvers, and since this was in the days before concealable holsters, the only way the Mexican people could discreetly carry a handgun was to simply tuck it in the waistband.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:44 PM   #34
4thIDvet
slug

Snake when the SHTF you are going to react as you have been trained or self taught. That is my .02.
Your inner fears take over and you get tunnel vision against your attackers. Things get rythmatical and you function how you have been trained. Not always their is an Audie Murphy out their in a number of troops.
A sad story I read a bit back of Police officers who were involved in a bad guy shooting from a number of years ago. The instructor 'pin head idiot' had them picking up their expelled mags at the training range.
Guess what they did during the tense shootout?
Draw practice shoot as if your life depended on it.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:18 PM   #35
Bluntforce
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Snake when the SHTF you are going to react as you have been trained or self taught. That is my .02.
Your inner fears take over and you get tunnel vision against your attackers. Things get rythmatical and you function how you have been trained. Not always their is an Audie Murphy out their in a number of troops.
A sad story I read a bit back of Police officers who were involved in a bad guy shooting from a number of years ago. The instructor 'pin head idiot' had them picking up their expelled mags at the training range.
I think one of the officers in this incident was gathering his ejected cases when he was shot in the back of the head. If it wasn’t this one it did happen in another.

Tap the ‘I understand and want to watch this shit anyway’ button to get it to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTbp5-GhwP4
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #36
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
I was told a story once, where back when cops carried wheelguns, they were taught on the range that during a reload, dump the spent brass into your hand and put them in your pocket to keep the range clean. Later, a cop got into a shooting. Afterward, investigators couldn't locate his spent casings. Wouldn't you know it, they were in his pocket.
Solid Snake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:06 PM   #37
Sanders

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:11 PM   #38
Sanders

Old 03-19-2023, 08:23 PM   #39
Bluntforce
slug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXD132WbSYE
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:20 AM   #40
drh
I know things about stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Hollyweird teaches us that nlggers ...in real life....are all professionals...live in multimillion dollar homes...married to white runway models, and who are always discriminated against by evil racist white debbels.
Sounds like you been binge watching BelAir on Peacock...lol
Not only hollywood, but every dam commercial interfering with my vids is showing the same thing...that or are the norm now.
drh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 08:57 AM   #41
Johnny

Wife and I relocated three years ago. Just this week I finally got around to setting up a decent pistol range. Both our shooting skills are rusty and wife is getting used to a new pistol (Glock), so we're going very slow, methodical and safe. There's no close quarters training on the horizon till she's completely comfortable with her new weapon.

Incidentally, her first time ever firing a Glock 9mm and she absolutely loves it.

During my military service, I normally scored expert with the M9 pistol. I liked the M9 and was a confident shooter. Later; when the Army started teaching the quick draw, fast firing, close-quarters skills I didn't do so hot. I learned there's a completely different skill set in carefully aimed distance shooting and close quarters quick stuff.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:43 PM   #42
Sanders

Having fun and shooting cans and reactive targets takes the tediousness out of shooting, especially if you have a new shooter with you who may not have a serious mindset. Hitting small targets trains the fundamentals without them realizing it.

Even the clang of a steel target is more rewarding to the senses than a hole punched through a bullseye sometimes. I hate to quote movies for marksmanship training, but "aim small, miss small" is good advice. Shooting cans is giving yourself a small target without obviously doing so. You hit, it moves. You miss, it doesn't. You learn you can hit underneath it to bounce it. If you can do follow up shots before it quits moving, you are learning speed.

As long as one gets the basic fundamentals down, there's no reason to not have fun on a private range or out in the woods as long as it's done safely.

In my house, we recycle tin cans. They get rinsed out, let to air dry, then go into my can bag for the next trip out shooting. Cans that can be drained with a couple holes get filled with water at the range so they'll explode when hit with a rifle round.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:46 PM   #43
Sanders

Old 04-06-2023, 11:43 PM   #44
Johnny

Frankly; i'm having more fun with my wife's fascination with shooting than maintaining my own skills. It's like walking down the stairs on Christmas day, watching little kids open presents from Santa.

Nowadays, I'm probably just an average shot due to years of no-training. I'm actually more geeked about getting her spun up to "expert" level.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote