Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #46
Diesel 88888888
slug

Mexican

Never worked so hard in my life as after I 'retired' in 1985...just being me is a tough enough thing with family always there with something new on their mind...life is good...live it well and don't worry abut 'hell' because u've already been there.

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #47
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
It wasn't always that way. In the '90's, all they had were hotties working as cashiers. We'd practically fight to see who got to go get supplies at Home Depot for a job.

Then, one day, the hotties were gone. I think they got sued like Hooters and other places did.
I worked at a Lowe’s once. A contractor asked for a pretty cashier’s number. After he left she acted like the guy had farted in the presence of Baby Jesus to dare ask for her number while she was “at work”. (She did give him the number IIRC)

Guess she wanted some broke young dumbass? I blame the (sociologically speaking) recent age puritanism people developed.

One of the most common things I hear is, he’s too old for her, what would she want with a guy that old, and so on.

People stopped using me as a sounding board when they find out I always ask them. “Isn’t it up to her?” They never answer either, they make a yucky face like I magically put a little turd on their tongue and either wander off or change the subject.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #48
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
I worked at a Lowe’s once. A contractor asked for a pretty cashier’s number. After he left she acted like the guy had farted in the presence of Baby Jesus to dare ask for her number while she was “at work”. (She did give him the number IIRC)

Guess she wanted some broke young dumbass? I blame the (sociologically speaking) recent age puritanism people developed.

One of the most common things I hear is, he’s too old for her, what would she want with a guy that old, and so on.

People stopped using me as a sounding board when they find out I always ask them. “Isn’t it up to her?” They never answer either, they make a yucky face like I magically put a little turd on their tongue and either wander off or change the subject.

I know quite a few older guys that are

dating younger gals...

A good friend who is 67 is dating a girl

that is 27...and she is a damn good looking

gal...about 5’ 6” around 130 lbs...she is a

Head turner...

I could tell about a half a dozen others too
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:39 PM   #49
Bluntforce
slug

Bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post

dating younger gals...

Head turner...

I hope to join their ranks once I get that cool old guy thing going.

Might be fooked on the cool part.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #50
Sanders

Quote:

dating younger gals...

Head turner...

It's an older man's market right now. The younger girls want nothing to do with the soibois in their generation. They want a man who has a secure life and behaves like a man.

I tell you, if were single, I would only be dating those young hardbodied honeys. As it is, even married, they'll flirt with me - gray hair, belly, and all. There's no way I'd cheat on my wife, but temptation is standing on every corner, it seems.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:08 PM   #51
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:

dating younger gals...

Head turner...

She's looking for a sugar daddy.

Face it, when you were 27, would you have looked at a 67 year old lady?

I can not get myself to look at any girl (in a sexy way) that's as old as or younger than my own sons.

That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:11 PM   #52
Merc
Expendable

Quote:
Merc...the simple solution for which

grandchild gets the piece is to make

a half a dozen of them...lol...
Hell , then I better get going .

I have to travel for a job starting tomorrow.
Back on Wednesday..
That will give me Wednesday and Thursday to get
some saw dust flying around before a weekend job. .

I try to save little containers of cherry , mahogany,
and walnut dust.
I mix them with gorilla glue and use it for wood filler
on any seams that might be imperfect.

MERC

Know your enemy, know his sword -
Miyamoto Musashi
The Book of Five Rings

Blessed be the Lord , my strength,
which teacheth my hands to war,
and my fingers to fight.
My goodness, and my fortress;
my high tower, and my deliverer;
my shield, and he in whom I trust;
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:11 PM   #53
Boris

Quote:
It's an older man's market right now. The younger girls want nothing to do with the soibois in their generation. They want a man who has a secure life and behaves like a man.

I tell you, if were single, I would only be dating those young hardbodied honeys. As it is, even married, they'll flirt with me - gray hair, belly, and all. There's no way I'd cheat on my wife, but temptation is standing on every corner, it seems.
All the girls say they want a cosmopolitan type of sensitive man until they meet a real working man with rough hands and a warm heart.
They know these new pajama boy queer fucks don't have enough testoserone to truly satisfy them

My wife and I went to a wedding reception in Grand Rapids a few years ago just chock full of artsy type girly men,,she had a threaten a couple of women to stay away from me in my old beat up cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans and shirt,,she told me I was like chum in the water because I just oozed MAN,,cracked me up...lol

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:05 AM   #54
aviator
unum de multis

Back on subject, the guy is almost done replacing posts, beam, etc, even painted them the same color as the existing structure, picking up all debris now, those steel posts are welded to a 10X10 thick steel plate with four rods one foot long into the concrete, each one took about eight 80 lb bags, he even ran a concrete vibrator down there to make sure it was done right. The man has tools for everything and everything was done right. I'm impressed.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #55
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
She's looking for a sugar daddy.
He doesn’t have any money but a retirement check...

But the thing is that I know several guys my age

that have much younger girl friends...

I knew one guy that had two young gals that were

living with him...and they were all sleeping in the

same bed...
Old 08-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #56
slug

Quote:
Back on subject, the guy is almost done replacing posts, beam, etc, even painted them the same color as the existing structure, picking up all debris now, those steel posts are welded to a 10X10 thick steel plate with four rods one foot long into the concrete, each one took about eight 80 lb bags, he even ran a concrete vibrator down there to make sure it was done right. The man has tools for everything and everything was done right. I'm impressed.
And you don’t mine paying for a job

that is well done...
Old 08-13-2020, 10:40 AM   #57
Sanders

Quote:
Did he mention anything to you about cathodic protection? Maybe install some sacrificial anodes to keep the steel from corroding?
Old 08-13-2020, 12:20 PM   #58
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Did he mention anything to you about cathodic protection? Maybe install some sacrificial anodes to keep the steel from corroding?
Talk to me, I know nothing about that. But that base and anchors are fully encased in concrete.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #59
Sanders

Quote:
Talk to me, I know nothing about that. But that base and anchors are fully encased in concrete.
They are typically used in places with high moisture content, which I figure would be around a swimming pool. The concrete may protect the steel good enough. But what the cathodic protection basically does is transfers the natural electrolysis that causes corrosion from the steel to a sacrificial anode made of magnesium. It is pretty simple to install, and can be done in many different ways. I've seen the anodes welded to the pipe offshore on platforms. Or, you can drill a small hole and use a tek screw to run a wire to an anode that you discretely bury in the ground. Anode sizes vary from the size of a pen on up.

I'm sure your contractor knows if anyone is having any corrosion problems or not and can recommend whether it is needed or not.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #60
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I built my little "swing house" back in 1988 for my wife when I was home on leave. I made the porch swing a year later.

I just re-roofed it a couple of weeks ago including all new plywood.