Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 04-28-2024, 08:23 PM   #1
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Default Reloading .50BMG Ammo w/ WC867 Surplus Powder!

I completed all the calibers of ammo that I had been saving for retirement to reload. The only caliber left is the .50BMG & that is affordable only since the supplies were bought many years ago.

Got started on it this morning & realized that all my reloading equipment will suffice without purchasing anything else. The press is a RCBS .50BMG 2 & the powder measure is an ancient rotary RCBS drum type measure. Two throws equals one charge & all charges are checked on a balance beam scale.

After an hour or so of getting everything adjusted, I loaded a dozen rounds of M33 650 grain FMJ-BT w/ cannelure ammo into once fired cases with CCI 35 primers. The powder volume will be left out as requested by moderators.

The finished rounds were tested for correct fit into the rifle that they are being loaded for since I don't have a case gauge. I stopped @ a dozen as any reloader knows, you test your ammo before loading up 5 or 600 rounds to make sure they work as needed & not get stuck with rounds that won't fit the chamber.

Now off to the range to test them out when I get a chance.
FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:42 AM   #2
RetVet
Statistical Error

I believe I have some of that same powder bought years ago with the plan that some day I would come up with a 50BMG rifle. Even snagged a couple hundred AP bullet. Still no rifle, but someday.....
Old 04-29-2024, 06:59 AM   #3
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

I still have about 6500 cases to load. Once fired, primed pulldown and new primed cases. Lots of FMJ Ball, AP, API and spotter tracer. Very few AP sabots.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:45 AM   #4
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Such fun with big bullets, no more looking for little bullets when you drop the projectile on the floor or your foot.

My only problem is the range I shoot on here @ home is only 100 yards long & I don't want the fired rounds to go thru the backstop & into the adjoining county.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:05 AM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

A fun shop just off Rt.75 Ocala Fla. you can see the store on the west side. They had a full auto .50 cal. for sale for $50,000 grand. That was about a half dozen yrs. ago probably gone now?
A gold plated gatling gun at the Florida Gun Exchange in Orange Ct. Fla. not sure of the price?
Old 04-29-2024, 01:31 PM   #6
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
Such fun with big bullets, no more looking for little bullets when you drop the projectile on the floor or your foot.

My only problem is the range I shoot on here @ home is only 100 yards long & I don't want the fired rounds to go thru the backstop & into the adjoining county.
One of the nice things about having wide open public lands in the West. Want to try your luck at a mile long shot? I know where to go. Just leave the tracers at home.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 02:48 PM   #7
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

For initial testing for functionality & loads actually doing what they are supposed to do, my 100 yard range will do fine. My back stop will stop any rounds directed into it as long as they hit it.

There is an 800 yard range about 12 miles down the road from me, but they want you to join, take classes & pay dues every time you show up. My last trip there years ago, they tried to double charge me upon entering & leaving, which left a bad memory of their facility.

I do want to get the rest of my prepped cases loaded either with M33 Ball or any other flavors bought years ago as a friend needs to borrow my press to load his prepped cases. His problem is that he has misplaced 48#'s of WC-867 to do the loading with, granted, it was purchased 12 years ago.
Old 05-05-2024, 11:47 AM   #8
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

My Wilson case gauge for .50 bmg was delivered Friday, so I was able to check the already loaded rounds. They all fit as perfectly as possible, so its off to the range to check out my handiwork.

My reloading bench has case gauges for all the calibers I reload, but just not the .50 bmg. Now that is rectified, I need to get back to reloading.
Old 05-11-2024, 01:55 PM   #9
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

After finding about 150 rounds of API that is not sized, a .510 sizing die is needed. Midway gives birthday discounts, so I emptied my wish list from them & got a few other odds & ends along with the .510 & .224 sizing dies. A couple of the .50 caliber magnum loading blocks will help keep stuff sorted out.

Running those .50 caliber projectiles thru the sizing die using the Rockchucker was pretty much not a workout, but about ten of them reminded me of what its like to stick a brass cartridge in a die & rip the base off. They all sized well & are not going to be fired till hurricane season when things are soaking wet!