Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 05-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
whitelightning777

gun Romanian Tokarev is at classic

These have gotten some nice reviews. It will probably be my next C&R purchase unless I can resist temptation.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/roma...tokarev-pistol.

Here's a 2-fer, also at aim but with no handpick.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ol&groupid=254

Last edited by whitelightning777; 05-01-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add link
whitelightning777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
RetVet
Statistical Error

I need a Romy Tokarev, but it's going to have to wait a little longer. Too bad PW Arms slapped that huge billboard right there on the slide, four fricken lines worth!

Import marks is a deal killer to me regardless of condition. I realize the fucked up laws require it, but some of these importers go above and beyond in complying.

I will not by another billboard stamped firearm. I would rather pay more for an older import in lesser condition with a less notable import marking.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
whitelightning777

It didn't last long. I ended up getting one from Aim Surplus. I was so pleased by them about my Radom P-64 that I think they'll do me right by this Tok as well. My credit card will not forgive me for a while, or at least until I pay it off!!

Some folks at Classic said that the hand pick wasn't worth it. Aim doesn't even have that option, saying all the stuff is excellent and the shipping is a better deal as well. It all goes according to plan, it'll get here in a week or so.

Stay tuned.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
RetVet
Statistical Error

Aim tends to be a little more accurate in their condition descriptions. Not always, but more often than not has been my experience.

I think they all should do away with the hand pick thing and just grade the firearms accordingly with prices to match.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
thefundamentalist

Classic has always been a dream to work with.

The Toks are a good deal, but the ammo is totally ridiculous. You can buy boxer-primed, non-corrosive, reloadable for what folks are asking for 50 year old corrosive surplus.
thefundamentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:59 PM   #6
Angry White Trash
slug

I got a super nice Romanian, Polish & Pakistani from Classic 2 years ago. Now I need a Chinese & Russian.

The Russian's gonna cost me.
Angry White Trash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
whitelightning777

gun new arrival

My TT-C just arrived in the mail yesterday. I needed a sauce pan and a whole can of alcohol to clean it up. The oil wasn't like that thick stuff that was on my Zastava M76's accessories. It was more like regular gun oil, but with twice the viscosity.

Be careful what type of bristle brush you use to clean it up. I left several very fine marks in mine, visible after the alcohol dried off. I cleaned it off with break free CLP.

I used a 30 caliber bore snake to clean the barrel. At first I was horrified when I looked down the barrel, but than I remembered it needed to be cleaned as well. I had to run that thing through the barrel with a ton of CLP soaked into the snake about 2 dozen times. The end result is a bore that looks pristine. Some markings on the feed ramp indicate that the gun had been fired before.

It came with 2 magazines, cleaning rod, holster and some type of lanyard strap. (God knows how that thing is intended to work, but oh well.)

The gun wasn't that difficult to field strip, sorta like a browning 1910. The recoil spring likes to squirt out of its home, making reassembly highly entertaining. I purchased a captive M57 recoil spring from eBay. It should be a drop in replacement. I also got a nice black leather belt holster for it from Turkey as well.

The gun should be reliable, suitable for personal protection, especially if it works as well as my P64 also from Aim.

I can't wait to get it to the range!! I'm getting to like aim surplus.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
whitelightning777

ant import mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
I need a Romy Tokarev, but it's going to have to wait a little longer. Too bad PW Arms slapped that huge billboard right there on the slide, four fricken lines worth!

Import marks is a deal killer to me regardless of condition. I realize the fucked up laws require it, but some of these importers go above and beyond in complying.

I will not by another billboard stamped firearm. I would rather pay more for an older import in lesser condition with a less notable import marking.
Don't worry about the import marking. As long as you focus on the front sight, you won't see it at all!!

I just got mine. After cleaning it up, it's a very nice looking gun. Do remember to use a bore snake on the barrel. Use lots of CLP and scrub the heck out of it. The bore is pristine under all that crap.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #9
RetVet
Statistical Error

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry White Trash View Post
I got a super nice Romanian, Polish & Pakistani from Classic 2 years ago. Now I need a Chinese & Russian.

The Russian's gonna cost me.
Pakistani Tokarev? How did I miss those? Didn't see them I guess. Maybe it was made here->https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FinRqCocwGE
Old 05-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #10
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightning777 View Post
Don't worry about the import marking. As long as you focus on the front sight, you won't see it at all!!

I just got mine. After cleaning it up, it's a very nice looking gun. Do remember to use a bore snake on the barrel. Use lots of CLP and scrub the heck out of it. The bore is pristine under all that crap.
Most surplus military arms I acquire I buy not specifically for shooting, but for study or investment from a collector standpoint. A huge import stamp stands out like a sore thumb. Totally degrades the value and sometimes obscures the military markings guys like me are specifically into this gig for.

For me it's all about the markings, history, and mechanical aspects. The fact I can take them out and shoot them is just a bonus, but not the reason I buy them.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #11
whitelightning777

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
Most surplus military arms I acquire I buy not specifically for shooting, but for study or investment from a collector standpoint. A huge import stamp stands out like a sore thumb. Totally degrades the value and sometimes obscures the military markings guys like me are specifically into this gig for.

For me it's all about the markings, history, and mechanical aspects. The fact I can take them out and shoot them is just a bonus, but not the reason I buy them.
You have a point. They shouldn't be damaging markings already present. I'm also interested in older guns, but mainly to see how they shoot as well as protection.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #12
Randy45

I enjoy using my Tok as my conceal carry pistol.....
Randy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #13
Randy45

And I definitely know it works since I accidently shot myself in the left hand with it.....
Randy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #14
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Too bad they bugger them up with that makeshift safety.

I took the safety out of mine and tapped the holes and made screws to fill the holes.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #15
whitelightning777

No Commies The safety button??

Yes, its goofy looking, but you actually can use it one handed. The safety does block the trigger from firing with the hammer either up or down. Is it good enough to carry cocked and locked? I'm not so sure. But, for conceal carry, a safety button increases the options for what holster you can use or how active you can be when carrying.

You could just leave it off, hammer down CAREFULLY on a round in the chamber. I would invest in a snail or some other nondestructive muzzle direction in case of accidental discharge.