Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
I've got a pair of em in .45 Long Colt in my Cowboy Shooting guns.

Pog;

Any recommendations on a good .45 LC lever action rifle? Current manufacture, I know I can't afford an original.
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #17
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

I am really looking to find the proper U.S. cavalry pistol that preceeded the 1873 SAA. I am not real familiar with these older weapons, so any info would be appreciated.

Horse
Old 05-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #18
Rew

Well sure you can afford an original lever action in .45 LC. Because they were never made in the time of the old west. So the original ones are modern. The .45 colt cartridge case of that time was built different form the ones today. It wasn't usable in a lever action rifle that depended on a strong rim for extraction.
It was the 1860 Colt Army .44 caliber cap and ball revolver. Though a lot of officers liked the 1861 .36 caliber Navy model more. Wild Bill Hickok carried a brace of Navy revolvers till the day he was killed.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #19
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

I was looking on "GunBroker.com" at model 1860 Army revolvers, and they look pretty nice, and not all that expensive, for an original. Of course, it is all academic, since I can't afford anything at the moment.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #20
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176
Pog;

Any recommendations on a good .45 LC lever action rifle? Current manufacture, I know I can't afford an original.
Probably best is the Uberti copy of the model 1873 Winchester, that's the bottom rifle in the pic I posted. They won't be cheap. I believe my cost was around $800 if I remember right, and I'm a dealer. Another good one would be a newly made model 1895 Marlin.

Edited: I meant to say 1894 Marlin instead of 1895.

Last edited by Pogo; 05-25-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:38 AM   #21
Raven

Thumbs up

I've got an Uberti 1873 Cattleman engraved in 5 1/2" barrel in the white. I also have a nice drop holster, black and hand tooled.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:51 AM   #22
Raven

Thumbs up

The pair of 1858 New Army, actually not produced until 1863 were also purchased in large numbers by the US army. They are also refered as the 1858 Outlaw, they were favored for their quick change cylinders. I picked up one of the aftermarket cylinders so I can run .45 colt thru one.These are also repros, one an Ubertis and one a F.lli Pietta with adjustable sights I picked up for my boy LockNLoad, they both have 8" barells from the forceing cone. They are cap and ball blackpowder.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #23
wc846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
Probably best is the Uberti copy of the model 1873 Winchester, that's the bottom rifle in the pic I posted.
Pogo, isn't that the one they short stroke ?

raven..nice guns ya got there..
wc846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #24
SalBO
Gun Refinishing Monkey

beautiful guns guys.....I have never been into cowboy guns but you guys make a good case for them.....very nice
SalBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #25
Sanders

I live 10 minutes from this. If any of you folks want to camp out in my yard, I have plenty of room.

http://sassnet.com/EoTv/home.php

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote