Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Knives
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Knives Discussion about knives

Old 05-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
aviator
unum de multis

Default All right, Let's start . What's your everyday carry knife?

I personally carry a Gerber, assisted covert knife. There is only one problem, you'd better keep it oiled and keep the screws tight, they seem to come lose every month or so. I need to buy some locetite, I'm out of it and try it.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Old Timer Stockman. I do have a nice Case waiting in the drawer just in case.
My self defense knife is a Bersa...
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Konstantin

Microtech ultratech for poking and a CRKT M16 for work.
Konstantin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #4
slug

A Case triple bade

I had a Case lock back that I carried

for 30+ years and a friend asked me if

he could have something personal, of mine,

and I figured that would do it...

He is dying from cancer
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Mine is a small Case Stockman.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
JD Miller
Fake Member

Ive been carrying a 6" blade in a leather sheath or a Becker BK9 in a kydex sheath when I go on my afternoon hikes with my dog

Old 05-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #7
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

Mine's a little Gerber Silver Knight. A good friend gave it to me over 25 years ago.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
doug11606

Double blade case.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #9
THE DUDE

I typically carry a Haus Colossus.

I got that 3-pack they offer for christmas with the Summit knife and the flashlight thinking "oh thanks for the junk"

pretty impressed so far.

anymore I refuse to carry around $60+ knives cause I'm fucking tarded some days and break/lose shit.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #10
4thIDvet
slug

I always keep a knife handy but don't really carry one. I have a collection of old bayonets, AF survival knives and high end knives I use for cooking though.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #11
Sanders

Today?

A Bear & Son's Stockman

A small Old Timer carbon steel blade stockman (pre-made in China)

A Browning Model 712 lockback - a gift from joining some hunting association or another

A Leatherman Wave.

Right now, it's only 4 knives. When I get my belt buckle fixed for my belt buckle knife, I'll be like 5 knives.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #12
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Obama carries one of these:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....EL._SX425_.jpg

I don't carry a knife because I am non-violent. If a piece of string needs to be cut, I gnaw through it.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #13
Bluntforce
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I personally carry a Gerber, assisted covert knife. There is only one problem, you'd better keep it oiled and keep the screws tight, they seem to come lose every month or so. I need to buy some locetite, I'm out of it and try it.
Steal a drop of nail polish from your wife or daughter to put on the screw threads, it does the same thing. On Tech-Sites aftermarket AK front sights I had to file the base to fit the sight adjustment tool. I used black nailpolish to prevent rust, dress up the looks and it resists heat better than paint and is cheaper than blue compound. When Blaze Orange model paint was not available at Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart for sight blades I got super cheap orange nail polish and painted the back of the front posts I would have used Testors on.

I used to carry a six-inch bladed Ti-Lite by Cold Steel when I worked in Kansas. It’s too long for Oklahoma. It would wear out my front pockets anyway.

I have a leatherman in the console of the truck and one of those credit card sized tools with two sharpened edges and other worthless contrivences. If I have a pocketknife now it’s something cheap for light utilty bcause I lose small things.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:56 PM   #14
baboon
slug

I have a pretty decent collection of Microtech auto knives but seldom carry them. My regular while @ work is a Benchmade MINI AUTO PRESIDIO II. My renfest carry knife is a Masters of Defense Dieter CQB. Dressed up I carry a Chris Reeve Mnandi Macassar & Ebony or one of the Microtechs.

Most of the Microtechs are illegal under Texas law because they are doubled edge, or the blades to long.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #15
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
I have a pretty decent collection of Microtech auto knives but seldom carry them. .
Someone gave my kid a fake microtech as a christmas present. We thought it was real. One of the screws fell out. I mailed it back to get them to put a new screw in it. Their lawyer called and wanted to know where we got the fake microtech so that he could file a lawsuit. The company would not return the fake. Oh well.
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote