Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 09-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Default Polish "Makarov"

My shooting buddy likes my Bulgarian Makarov, and was wanting me to pick him one up. Well, it seems they are about as scarce as hens teeth now. I see the Hungarian and Polish "Makarovs" are available from a lot of distributors. But, I understand they aren't a true Makarov. Anyone have either of those (the Polish P64 or the Hungarian PA63)? And if so, what do you think of them?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

I have one of the Polish P-64's and I love it. Accurate, dependable, and very slim which makes for easy concealment. It does jolt the hand a little when you shoot it, but the guys over at the P-64 have found a source of replacement springs to lighten the recoil.

It isn't bad, but it also isn't one that you would want to shoot all day.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
RetVet
Statistical Error

I have both. The Hungarian is a true Makarov, though with an alloy frame. More bite than a regular Mak due to the lower weight. Other than that, the one I got from Classic Arms was minty new and very well made.

The P64 uses the 9x18 round, but isn't a true Mak design. Smaller than the real deal. My hands aren't that big and it feels small in mine. Nice looking and well made as most of the Polish stuff is. I haven't taken the time to shoot it yet. Cosmetically, I was disappointed with the TG billboard on the frame under the barrel. Small and not visible from the side, but it's 3 lines worth, dot matrix, and fills the whole area!

The Century import stamp on the PA-63 is on the slide, small, and blends well with the factory markings. A significant departure from Century's usual billboard mentality when it comes to import marks.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Kewl, thanks for the report guys. I'll tell my friend what you guys said, and let him decide.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
ptannjr
Just a dude!

the polish is closer to a ppk from what I remember. I had one that use to tear the thumb knockle to pieces when I shot mine. I got rid of it since it was my first pistol. got a ria insted. I am thinking it would be good to have again just for the round and size

http://www.OcalaCarAudio.com
ptannjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

My shooting buddy is sort of like me. He has all kinds of firearms, but wants an inexpensive small handgun he can carry, but yet reliable and with a little more potency than a .22 Long Rifle. It seems that one of these might just fill the bill.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Tell him not to be scared or disappointed when he first gets one. The DA trigger pull was somewhere around 57 pounds when we first got it. After a box of shells it lightened up really nice. Also the safety has to be worked in a little too.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Also, here's the link for the P-64 sight if he wants to check it out.

http://p64.home.insightbb.com/main.htm
Old 09-25-2006, 07:09 AM   #9
dinkydow

Gee.......I just might know who is sitting on a good number of Russian Makarov pistols.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #10
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Yeah, I just noticed Akron Armory has Russian Makarovs listed on his website. Dang I'm tempted. My wife would kill me if I bought another new gun so soon after the last one.

My buddy is wanting an el cheapo to carry and beat about with.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #11
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
My shooting buddy is sort of like me. He has all kinds of firearms, but wants an inexpensive small handgun he can carry, but yet reliable and with a little more potency than a .22 Long Rifle. It seems that one of these might just fill the bill.

I love Mak's, and Mak wannabe's, but as for carrying, I prefer the little Kel-Tec in full 9mmP. I personally don't like to carry anything smaller than full 9mmP. As the weather gets colder, I go back to .45ACP, since you need to penetrate more layers of clothing. 9mmP just doesn't have enough umph (IMO) to ensure penetration in multi layers of heavy clothing. (No, I am not willing to personally test this theory, by allowing one of you to shoot at me). I just prefer the full 9mmP for summer, Mak 9x18mm is good, but I want the power of .45ACP in winter.

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
Yeah, I just noticed Akron Armory has Russian Makarovs listed on his website. Dang I'm tempted. My wife would kill me if I bought another new gun so soon after the last one.

My buddy is wanting an el cheapo to carry and beat about with.
I don't even know the current value of my Russian Maks, (just found the two that bhasve been "misplacedd for 6 years. Doesn't matter, I will never sell a one of them.

After living with a "backup" PPK for years that never got through a box of shells w/o a jam or three, I'm really fond of a pocket (well, field jacket pocket) pistol that will feed empty cases from the magazine, and chamber them, without a hiccup.

And all four will do that!

Accuraccy is the same w/ all 4 ... excellent.

No slide bite, and you can actually rest the maagazine floor plate on things for steadyness w/o causing a jam. Can't do that with any PPK or PPKS I ever saw. Don't kn ow bout PP only one I ever had was Nazi proofed in .32 and didn't have a problem.

Little rough at first, they smooth out greatly after 200 rounds or so.

Love 'em!

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #13
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

That P-64 arrived today from SOG. It was brand new, and looked really nice. I transferred it to my shooting buddy, and he was quite pleased with it. Nice little CCW piece for the price.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #14
AKWARRIOR
Gone

I would not call a hungarian PA63 a makarov.It is more like a Walther PPK.Most those sellers that sell them on the auction sites list them as a makarov.:naw
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #15
WolfsburgBob
2 down, ... 1 more to go!

A link-a-dink.....

AFGAN ERA RUSSIAN MILITARY MAKAROV 9x18mm PMs!

"Never believed in 'karma', but people who have screwed me over seem to die in an untimely fashion." ... Bob Williams

WolfsburgBob is offline   Reply With Quote