Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
buzgun
slug

Arrow Desert hiking photos

Old 04-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
buzgun
slug

I have been doing a lot of hiking lately...Im trying to get into good shape before the very hot temps come back...These photos are from 2 different hikes i did ..As you can see the desert is very green and lush from a unusually wet and cold winter.

I normally do 8 miles on the cross country hike which consists of following a 18" wide dirt path that winds up and over rolling hills...it definitely gets my heart beating and i can feel the health benefit...Very peaceful and tranquil out there for sure....I started at 6:30 this am and it took me over 3 hours to finish....im beat.

This AM i saw a pack of mule deer and a few jack rabbits.
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Nice, Buzz! That one picture looks like a rain squall, off in the distance, or is that sunbeams poking through the clouds??

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #4
buzgun
slug

The bottom photo is the parking lot to the trail head.

CZubek, Yes...That is exactly what that was...I got soaked that day..stuck out in the middle of one of those crazy isolated rain storms.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

They do come down fast, but you dry really fast in the desert, too.

Brian
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
twin50

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post

I have been doing a lot of hiking lately...Im trying to get into good shape before the very hot temps come back...These photos are from 2 different hikes i did ..As you can see the desert is very green and lush from a unusually wet and cold winter.

I normally do 8 miles on the cross country hike which consists of following a 18" wide dirt path that winds up and over rolling hills...it definitely gets my heart beating and i can feel the health benefit...Very peaceful and tranquil out there for sure....I started at 6:30 this am and it took me over 3 hours to finish....im beat.

This AM i saw a pack of mule deer and a few jack rabbits.
I think your time is awesome...when I was active 11bravo we had to do 12 miles in 3 hours or less with weapon and ruck...
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #7
JD Miller
Fake Member

Catch (shoot) any Rattle snakes?

There arent any where Ive been hiking lately.... But since I got two new eye ball lenses and can see real clear now ,,,, I feel like walking through some rattle snake areas.

If I go up the hill to the southwest plateau in the mourning there are a lot of huge red rattlers along the road early AM
Old 04-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #8
buzgun
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Catch (shoot) any Rattle snakes?

There arent any where Ive been hiking lately.... But since I got two new eye ball lenses and can see real clear now ,,,, I feel like walking through some rattle snake areas.

If I go up the hill to the southwest plateau in the mourning there are a lot of huge red rattlers along the road early AM
I killed one in my side yard last week with a 2x4"..The bastard was stretched out along the foundation of my house and when i turned the corner it started hissing and rattling like satan himself...Believe it or not i see more rattle snakes in my residential neighborhood than i do in the desert....I have seen exactly zero snakes out in the desert this year.

I get a much better workout hiking up and down hills and over long distances than i do mountain bike riding....I still like riding the bike to go out into the desert to shoot pistols but the results i get for the effort i exert are disappointing.

I have an App on my phone that keeps track of steps walked, distance covered, calories burned and elevation changes.....It is not accurate measuring the distance i hike up and down hills because the GPS does not take into account the undulation distance...Just the distance as the crow flies...I get a more accurate distance gauge from steps walked....The GPS distance and my steps walked distance can differ as much as a mile because of this.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #9
JD Miller
Fake Member

Nice snake, Better cut his head off...... Did he crawl away after he was dead... They crawl away after I blow their heads off with a shotgun and bring them home to skin

I started running again laps around my property after get home from a I hike with my dog.

Got to be careful not to pull a muscle again or go easy if my "dirt bike knee" tendon starts hurting. Tore a calf muscle real bad a few years ago and had to stop running for over a year... I had to not exercise for a week after my eye surgeries. I can start up again in a few days

Lots about 5 Lbs that I gained over winter
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:56 PM   #10
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Nice snake, Better cut his head off...... Did he crawl away after he was dead... They crawl away after I blow their heads off with a shotgun and bring them home to skin

I started running again laps around my property after get home from a I hike with my dog.

Got to be careful not to pull a muscle again or go easy if my "dirt bike knee" tendon starts hurting. Tore a calf muscle real bad a few years ago and had to stop running for over a year... I had to not exercise for a week after my eye surgeries. I can start up again in a few days

Lots about 5 Lbs that I gained over winter
For some reason when i shoot rattlers in the head with a .22 they squirm and wiggle even after they are dead for 5-10 min.....When i blow their heads off with a shotgun they go 100% limp instantly.

That one had 9 rattles so i cut them off......First I clocked him in the head with the 2x4 .
Old 04-09-2019, 11:15 PM   #11
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up

Great pictures buz I am studying them to see if John Wayne is in the background.
Those cactus are cool just like yah see in the movies.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #12
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Great pictures buz I am studying them to see if John Wayne is in the background.
Those cactus are cool just like yah see in the movies.
Yesterday i visited what is left of the Apache Land movie ranch western town set in Gold Canyon where John Wayne made some films...Also many episodes of Death Valley days were filmed there..It burned down about 20 years ago....cool place still!
Old 04-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #13
Sanders

I spent my youth hiking the desert down south of you.

Got caught in some rainstorms - one real bad gullywasher. Had to find a bush to crawl up into and shared it with an owl that must have lived in it. Visibility in that storm was about 5 ft.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #14
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I spent my youth hiking the desert down south of you.

Got caught in some rainstorms - one real bad gullywasher. Had to find a bush to crawl up into and shared it with an owl that must have lived in it. Visibility in that storm was about 5 ft.

People from the midwest have a hard time appreciating just how hard it can rain out here.....I have been caught in a bad rainstorm just once......I was hiking in oak creek canyon in the summer and i just climbed to the high ground and went into a cave and rhode it out.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #15
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
gullywasher.
I remember that term,,, haven't heard it in a long time

JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote