Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > General Videos
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

General Videos Post videos that you have found on YouTube. Live Leak, or other website here.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:41 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Default I also ran an M578 Recovery Vehicle, Tracked.....when I was stationed in Augsburg Germany.

The Army updated our Units MTO&E, and we gained another M578. It came from 1st BN, 7th Inf Regt, 8th Infantry Division. It was assigned to me from the day we got it (I was the crew chief). It was a total P.O.S. Me and my ONE crewman (should've been 3 of us assigned to it), spent many days fixing this, that and everything, plus ordering parts and installing them as they came in, on the VTR.

Once we got it up & running 100%, I'd ride that bad bitch into any vehicle recovery situation, combat or not!

I really miss those days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV-Q...STMILTECHFILMS
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:00 AM   #2
500grains
Soldier of Allah

The maintenance would not be as bad as a Hemmitt.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:18 PM   #3
Sanders

The only ones I ever worked around were the M88's - all horsepower.Friggen beasts.

https://youtu.be/oZENuRBvzac

Got to watch 3 of them pull an M60 tank from an arroyo we chased it in to at Ft. Carson. The crew was trying to get away from the dismounted Infantry in the middle of the night and drove right over the edge. The whole crew had to be Medevac'd.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
The only ones I ever worked around were the M88's - all horsepower.Friggen beasts.

https://youtu.be/oZENuRBvzac

Got to watch 3 of them pull an M60 tank from an arroyo we chased it in to at Ft. Carson. The crew was trying to get away from the dismounted Infantry in the middle of the night and drove right over the edge. The whole crew had to be Medevac'd.
Oy!

I was assigned to our M88A1 for a few months when I first arrived in Augsburg. The thing was a beast! Continental V-12, air cooled, twin turbo diesel pushing somewhere around 1000 HP, 3 speed automatic transmission with 'Neutral Steer' capability.

Almost every piece of equipment on that big SOB weighed more than me! Back then, I was 6'5" tall, 215 lbs. Fun to drive though!
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote