Once in a while

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aviator
    Administrator
    • Oct 2024
    • 2317

    Once in a while

    Once in a while I get the urge to go buy another handgun. I want a M-9....should I? I think the 92FS is made in Italy, not sure about the rest. I had one many moons ago, I should have kept it, it's a well made solid gun.
    Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.
  • RedOak
    Member
    • Oct 2024
    • 61

    #2
    I have a 92A1. I love it.

    Comment

    • aviator
      Administrator
      • Oct 2024
      • 2317

      #3
      Yeah, I may go to Bass Pro next week, they have them there and they are only 20 minutes from me, their prices are very good, I've bought from them before their only problem is clearing the background check, it takes forever. The A1 is US made right? I want the one "Made in Italy" they also have a $200 rebate in the form of a credit card. Not bad. $699 list for the 92FS, they are all pretty much identical.
      Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

      Comment

      • RedOak
        Member
        • Oct 2024
        • 61

        #4
        The 92A1 is made in Italy. It has a rail under the frame which I've never used. Can't remember if there are any other differences with the 92FS.

        Comment

        • aviator
          Administrator
          • Oct 2024
          • 2317

          #5
          They all have some minor differences, I don't care about rails for laser or lights and I really don't care about optics on a handgun either,I like to keep them as original as they come. I'm sitting here trying to make up my mind.
          Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

          Comment

          • baboon
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2024
            • 944

            #6
            I’m going to take my grass cutting money & buy a S&W340 PD probably Tuesday

            Comment

            • GimpyPaw
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2024
              • 442

              #7
              My wife has a 92FS. Big, nothing you would conceal carry, but it’s never has a problem eating any ammo you feed it.

              Comment

              • Sanders
                Moderator
                • Oct 2024
                • 1588

                #8
                The Beretta handgun I've had an itch for is the PX4 Storm. That hammer-fired and rotating barrel intrigues me. The sub compact one doesn't have the rotating barrel, but there's a full size and medium one. I like the medium sized one, as it compares to my CZ-P01 in size.

                Comment

                • aviator
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 2024
                  • 2317

                  #9
                  Baboon, is that the Titanium frame, my son has one of those, they are nice,

                  Gimpy, yeah they are big, not for conceal use, I already have several I can carry concealed, so far my favorite is a Springfield XDs3, but the XD mod 3 and a S&W 36 are easily carried too but it's a solid gun that always goes Bang and one I don't have in my collection.

                  Sanders, I have not shot one, actually I haven't done any shooting since my heart surgery two years ago but I don't understand how a rotating barrel does any good in a handgun, but NATO certified it and I don't know if that's good or bad.
                  Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

                  Comment


                  • baboon
                    baboon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Scandium framer Titanium cylinder. What loads does he shoot through it. I hear recoil pretty harsh. I figure if I'm shooting someone the adrenaline while make it a moot point, kind of liker my dangerous game rifle
                • Johnny
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2024
                  • 651

                  #10
                  I have a 92FS. If I remember correctly, the only difference between the 92FS and the M9 is the little op rod thingy. In the 92FS, it's plastic while the M9 is steel. I was planning on swapping it out for a steel one but did a little bit of research and heard positive comments about the plastic one, so kept it as is.

                  Comment

                  • aviator
                    Administrator
                    • Oct 2024
                    • 2317

                    #11
                    Originally posted by Johnny
                    I have a 92FS. If I remember correctly, the only difference between the 92FS and the M9 is the little op rod thingy. In the 92FS, it's plastic while the M9 is steel. I was planning on swapping it out for a steel one but did a little bit of research and heard positive comments about the plastic one, so kept it as is.
                    You have the wrong gun. Not plastic, not steel. Cast aluminum body, I am holding it now. just got it today. Never mind me, I see what you meant. The guide rod. yeah I'll get a steel one and a possible threaded barrel down the line.

                    I paid $649, no tax, mil. discount at Bass Pro. was marked at $699 and that's the cheapest in my area. I'm trying to work the rebate thing but it's not working, so I shot an email to customer service. It's just another tool for my son to inherit. I lost track of how many already. I need to update my inventory database.

                    0.jpg
                    Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

                    Comment

                    • Johnny
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2024
                      • 651

                      #12
                      Originally posted by aviator
                      You have the wrong gun. Not plastic, not steel. Cast aluminum body, I am holding it now. just got it today. Never mind me, I see what you meant. The guide rod. yeah I'll get a steel one and a possible threaded barrel down the line.

                      I paid $649, no tax, mil. discount at Bass Pro. was marked at $699 and that's the cheapest in my area. I'm trying to work the rebate thing but it's not working, so I shot an email to customer service. It's just another tool for my son to inherit. I lost track of how many already. I need to update my inventory database.

                      0.jpg
                      I haven't kept up with current Beretta handgun prices, but I would have expected it to be a little under a grand. At $649 out the door, I think you did well. Congratulations on your purchase. Now go shoot the hell out of it! Since you served, there's something special about handling and firing the weapon you carried long ago. Every time I handle my Beretta or any AR, it feels like an old friend. My hands know right were to go.

                      I think it makes it easier to buy things when you know your son will eventually get it. A buddy of mine plays guitar and got both his sons interested in music. He buys guitars and amps like they're going out of style. I told his wife I plan on adopting one of her sons, teaching him drums so I can buy more stuff! Wife and I have no kids, and no close family, so we're planning to will everything to a lady we trust and possibly a young deputy and his family. We have to wait for the dust to clear on some land purchases first, so there's no rush.

                      Comment

                      Working...