Once in a while

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aviator
    Administrator
    • Oct 2024
    • 2333

    #16
    Actually paid 664.99 and no tax. I'm getting $100 back from Beretta $564.99 not a bad deal. I had the numbers switched in my head, they give you 5% disc on firearms.
    Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

    Comment

    • Solid Snake
      Forklift certified
      • Oct 2024
      • 428

      #17
      Originally posted by GimpyPaw
      My wife has a 92FS. Big, nothing you would conceal carry, but it’s never has a problem eating any ammo you feed it.
      Agreed. I have a 92FS. Definitely more of a duty gun than a CCW. But if you're into open carry, go for it. Its very smooth, cycles like butter.

      Comment

      • Johnny
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2024
        • 660

        #18
        Originally posted by aviator

        It came to service after my involvement. I'm old. I've said this before, I had one that I bought from a lady I knew, her ex-husband had given it to her and said, "if you can sell it keep the money for what I owe you", she called me and I gave her $75, this is about 40 years ago, cleaned it up, was full of grease and dirty, she said it was kept in a tool box. Knowing the guy was a drug addict I had reservations about keeping it, so I called a cop friend, "if it's stolen I have to keep it". so I gave it to a friend who was a gun show dealer and he traded it for a cheap Brazilian .38 which I eventually gave away to a neighbor and he just died so someone must have it. Everybody mentioned in this story is gone now.
        The Army was transitioning from the 1911 to the M9 in the mid-80's. I remember getting issued a 1911. I qualified with it and liked it. When the M9 came out, I liked it even more. Most of the old timers preferred the 1911.

        I don't blame you for getting rid of the M9 with a questionable past. I don't want anything in my home that bothers me or pisses me off. Years ago, I loaned a drum set to a friend to use over the Summer. It came back all beat to hell. Every time I saw the kit, it made me angry. I sold it for pennies on the dollar and never looked back. Similar thing happened with a snow thrower. I hated it from the moment I bought it. I struggled for 3 years. Finally, I called a gear head buddy and gave it to him. He was thrilled. I was happy to be rid of it. Another $700 lesson. Some day, I'll learn.

        Comment

        • aviator
          Administrator
          • Oct 2024
          • 2333

          #19
          Originally posted by Solid Snake

          Agreed. I have a 92FS. Definitely more of a duty gun than a CCW. But if you're into open carry, go for it. Its very smooth, cycles like butter.
          92FS is one hell of a good gun, accurate, solid and one thing I like is the DA-SA and Decocker , it has to be one of the best guns around, all metal too, but it's big and bulky, yes. Also because of the design it eats everything.
          Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

          Comment

          • Sanders
            Moderator
            • Oct 2024
            • 1594

            #20
            I read recently that the Beretta 92FS mags can be made to work in the Ruger P89. I don't know anyone around here with one that I can test that theory with, though. If I run across a cheap Beretta mag, maybe I'll just buy it to test it out.

            1000260186.jpg
            Last edited by Sanders; 10-03-2026, 03:32 PM.

            Comment

            • Johnny
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2024
              • 660

              #21
              Originally posted by Sanders
              I read recently that the Beretta 92FS mags can be made to work in the Ruger P89. I don't know anyone around here with one that I can test that theory with, though. If I run across a cheap Beretta mag, maybe I'll just buy it to test it out.

              1000260186.jpg
              I don't own that many handguns but by some strange twist of fate, actually own both a 92FS and a Ruger P89.

              Barring some emergency, I can't envision any situation I'd try to fire Beretta magazines out of a P89. Apart from convenience or saving a few dollars, I see no logical reason why anyone would want to do this. The gun safety nerd inside of me would never let this happen.

              That said, I'll play around with some 92FS and P89 magazines and will report back. You have piqued my interest. I don't plan on racking a slide: just some gentle manipulations.

              Comment

              • aviator
                Administrator
                • Oct 2024
                • 2333

                #22
                I don't have a Ruger P89, and sending you one of my mags and you sending it back is going to cost us more than buying a new one.

                That picture looks like it came off a Police Academy funny movies.
                Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

                Comment

                Working...