Trump's Tarrifs Have Devastating Impact On The Curling Broom Industry

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pogo
    Mystic Knight of the sea
    • Oct 2024
    • 650

    Trump's Tarrifs Have Devastating Impact On The Curling Broom Industry

    The American people have reportedly begun stockpiling curling brooms ahead of a perceived decline in supply as a result of the tariffs. Leading curling broom resellers say they will have to reduce their inventory because of the tariffs, and have already begun raising prices to account for the lower supply.
    "Trump will come to regret this recklessness," said Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. "Americans will suffer terribly as a result."
    We have met the enemy and he is us.

  • aviator
    Administrator
    • Oct 2024
    • 2327

    #2
    Oh no....That's terrible. We may have to pull out from the next Olympics.
    Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

    Comment

    • rto
      Moderator
      • Oct 2024
      • 844

      #3
      Why couldn't they just put afro hair on a Swiffer and use that?

      Comment


      • baboon
        baboon commented
        Editing a comment
        The same reason you wouldn't use steel wool, it scratches the ice smells like a niqqer
    • Johnny
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2024
      • 659

      #4
      I've been the most loyal Trump supporter ever; but not any more. He has crossed the line. You don't mess with curling brooms! 😁

      Comment

      • GimpyPaw
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2024
        • 446

        #5
        It's a fucking broom. How hard can it be to source one domestically?

        Curling is one of those things that makes me wonder if I woke up in another dimension one day. Until the day it became an official Olympic Sport I had never once seen or heard of it. I've lived in Alaska. I've lived in Sweden. Never seen curling. Nobody ever mentioned curling. In Sweden, come winter time they flood the soccer fields and turn them into ice rinks for hockey. Half the time I was in Sweden I could look out my window at a park with 2 different ice rinks. NOBODY ever did anything that even looked like curling.

        Then one day it's an Olympic Sport, USA has a team, Canada has a team that cheats, and everyone is a fucking expert about curling. There's special brooms, there's videos on twitter about the special process they use in making the puck or goose or what-ever that thing is. Curling is a psy-op, and I'm the only one not in on the joke.

        Comment

        • aviator
          Administrator
          • Oct 2024
          • 2327

          #6
          Gimpy, Curling is Pogo's favorite sport, don't put it down....
          Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

          Comment

          • GimpyPaw
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2024
            • 446

            #7
            Originally posted by aviator
            Gimpy, Curling is Pogo's favorite sport, don't put it down....
            I'm not putting it down. I'm saying it's fictional. It didn't exist until 1998. All references to curling prior to 1998 are fabricated. History books were revised, people sworn to a pact in which they all pretend like curling has "always been real". It only takes a few, then people are too embarrassed to admit that they somehow failed to notice a cultural pillar in the world of winter sports so they pretend like they've known about curling all this time.

            The Emperor has no clothes, and apparently he plays curling too.

            Comment

            • aviator
              Administrator
              • Oct 2024
              • 2327

              #8
              Originally posted by GimpyPaw

              I'm not putting it down. I'm saying it's fictional. It didn't exist until 1998. All references to curling prior to 1998 are fabricated. History books were revised, people sworn to a pact in which they all pretend like curling has "always been real". It only takes a few, then people are too embarrassed to admit that they somehow failed to notice a cultural pillar in the world of winter sports so they pretend like they've known about curling all this time.

              The Emperor has no clothes, and apparently he plays curling too.
              We're being sarcastic, it's got to be the stupidest "sport" there is. Who invented it? folks above the arctic circle who have nothing to do for seven months out of the year? (sorry Erik)
              Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

              Comment

              • GimpyPaw
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2024
                • 446

                #9
                That’s the thing. I’ve lived above the artic circle. I’m 1/4 Swedish. I lived in Sweden for 2 years (pre-muslim era) I was fluent, read and spoken Swedish.

                At no point in my life prior to 1998 did I ever see or hear something about curling. Never caught something on the news. Never saw people practicing. It’s seriously weird to me that this sport was so unknown and then suddenly the world was all “Oh yea, I’ve been a fan for decades”.

                Comment

                • aviator
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 2024
                  • 2327

                  #10
                  Originally posted by GimpyPaw
                  That’s the thing. I’ve lived above the artic circle. I’m 1/4 Swedish. I lived in Sweden for 2 years (pre-muslim era) I was fluent, read and spoken Swedish.

                  At no point in my life prior to 1998 did I ever see or hear something about curling. Never caught something on the news. Never saw people practicing. It’s seriously weird to me that this sport was so unknown and then suddenly the world was all “Oh yea, I’ve been a fan for decades”.
                  New sports come along. Look at that stupid Pickleball thing that has taken over all the tennis courts. The college had to turn half their courts to pickleball courts and they are always packed.
                  Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

                  Comment

                  • baboon
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2024
                    • 947

                    #11
                    The Olympics are a sad joke

                    Comment

                    • Sanders
                      Moderator
                      • Oct 2024
                      • 1593

                      #12
                      Is there anything politicians can't fix for us?

                      1000260203.jpg

                      Comment

                      • GBob01
                        Coonass Crusader
                        • Oct 2024
                        • 139

                        #13
                        Time for me to start a curling broom manufacturing business. I'll corner the U.S. market

                        Comment

                        • Full Otto
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2025
                          • 215

                          #14
                          Originally posted by GBob01
                          Time for me to start a curling broom manufacturing business. I'll corner the U.S. market
                          Here's a little more incentive for you


                          Comment


                          • Johnny
                            Johnny commented
                            Editing a comment
                            While the rest of you see only athletic female shapes, 5-star cleavage, and asses hard enough to cut a diamond; we see more important things:

                            - glistening sheens on the ice
                            - subtle changes in stone momentum
                            - the musical sound of curling brooms in action

                            Me and Pogo got it right. The rest of you guys can wallow in shame!

                            🤣
                        Working...