On the 1st day πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Klauss
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2024
    • 245

    On the 1st day πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

    Son finally got his drivers license yesterday.

    He drove to school, no issues. Parked on the street, he tagged our mailbox πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
  • rto
    Moderator
    • Oct 2024
    • 851

    #2
    Congrats to Klauss Jr.

    Comment

    • GimpyPaw
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2024
      • 447

      #3
      I had a 2000 Tundra. Had it 20 years. Now I have a different Tundra. You'd never guess why I got a different Tundra ...
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • aviator
        Administrator
        • Oct 2024
        • 2341

        #4
        Originally posted by Klauss
        Son finally got his drivers license yesterday.

        He drove to school, no issues. Parked on the street, he tagged our mailbox πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
        Oh well. That's not all, wait until your insurance goes up. There was a time I had two teenage boys with their own cars under my insurance, The insurance company guys themselves told me to call GEICO, still paid around $5K for six months. Florida is expensive. Last one was my daughter and she's gone with her husband...I'm free.
        Sometimes I wish I had a Harry Potter's wand and make people go up into smoke.

        Comment


        • Klauss
          Klauss commented
          Editing a comment
          Fortunately the 2nd kid has about 8 more years before he drives.
      • 44044
        Slug
        • Oct 2024
        • 737

        #5
        Insurance is necessary

        but it is a scam…

        Comment

        • 4thIDvet
          Slug
          • Oct 2024
          • 1818

          #6
          Originally posted by aviator

          Oh well. That's not all, wait until your insurance goes up. There was a time I had two teenage boys with their own cars under my insurance, The insurance company guys themselves told me to call GEICO, still paid around $5K for six months. Florida is expensive. Last one was my daughter and she's gone with her husband...I'm free.
          $5 grand for six months? Holy sheet I won't even ask what they did to yah buddy.. Like hold my beer and watch this..
          I never knew insurance went by driving record and zip code. Small talk with a man in S. Fla. at a local watering hole and we got to talking insurance. We had the same vehicles and I asked what his insurance cost was? He told me and it was around half what I was paying for the same damn ins...
          I asked where he lived and he was a few blocks from me 'different' zip code. He was the one told me about the damn zip codes. WTF over. So you could be the safest driver in the world no tickets and your zip has a lot of claims. YOU PAY. $$$$$

          Comment

          • Solid Snake
            Forklift certified
            • Oct 2024
            • 430

            #7
            When I was 16, I got into my first accident after having my license for a couple months. Where I lived, you could park on the street on our side. But there was no parking on the other side of the street (fire lane) I was in my dad's brand new truck backing out of the driveway. I looked both ways, all was clear. I didn't think to look behind me and BAM! I backed into my across-the-street neighbor's brand new truck that was parked in the fire lane. Police showed up. Officer says, "I can give you a ticket for improper backing, but then I have to give you a ticket for being parked in the fire lane. Or, if you're both friendly, we can call it a wash and I'll just leave." Then my mom says, "Well, I just got off the phone with our insurance company, and they need a police report." So we both got tickets. I found out later why the neighbor was parked on the wrong side of the street. His wife was cheating on him and he rushed home on his lunch break to try to catch her in the act. So between that, the accident, and the ticket, I'm sure he was super pissed. But he held it together during the interaction and I had no idea.

            Comment

            • merc
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2024
              • 448

              #8
              On the road and as
              cool as Steve McQueen😎

              Congratz


              MERC
              Attached Files

              Comment

              Working...